#Under8

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Will., Apr 16, 2014.

1. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Anyone seen this on RenaultSports facebook?

Looks like they are finally going to do something about being top again.

#Under8

2. Yeah, seen that, lets hope so! They are twice the car of any VAG

3. I've already started saving.....

4. Gona be epic, akrapovic and ohlins for a start, gona be amazing!

5. The french forum has more images from the ring and more info 'leaked'

carbon buckets
    harnesses seen in video
    ohlins suspension
    no rear wiper
    cup 2 tyres
    akrapovic (black exhaust surround in vid)
    speedline rims
    rumoured plastic rear windows (how they tell from the video screenshots i dont know)

sounds amazing. Hopefully ads can get us a deal on some oem aftermarket parts :wink:

6. This is going to be amazing. Hope it actually happens! Fingers crossed its not insanely priced.....

7. HELP!!!!!! I cant find or click on any thread for this.

8. I wouldn't buy a stripped out Megane without proper seats but I'm all for Renault making one :smile:

Fantastic news. Exciting stuff!

9. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

There is more to it than you think.

10. Link to the video anyone

11. The Boosh!

The Boosh! RSM Admin

There isn't a video.

12. Theres a video of 2 of them testing, the one with the black exhaust trim sounds different too.

renaults twitter says 'save the date june 16'

13. Can you share more Luke

14. Link?

15. Shymek posted it over week ago. It will be car with really good specification.

16. So is this going to be a special that you can actually buy from the showroom or are Renault doing a 'Seat' and playing them at their own game just to beat it.

17. This is the image posted by Renaultsport earlier today on their Facebook page, looks like another R26.R to me, exciting stuff :blush:

[​IMG]

18. Track Focus Direct

Track Focus Direct RSM Trader

Under 8 is a pretty good time in a standard hatch! I need 430bhp to break the 8 min barrier LOL! :smile: (Although that is in a heavier Ford Focus)

19. Luke i NEED this new car in my life. Please tell me the UK will be getting whatever comes out of this?

20. I,l second that, my cars due up for replacement this year, I tossed up if to buy a r26r or a clio and went with the clio a few year back, always regret not getting a r26r then hung on to the clio longer then I wanted to just waiting for last of the line , but no Williams or any thing like. il cross my fingers and hang on till June then , , lol

21. Can't wait to see what this new car is going to be like

22. So how much will this car be... I reckon at least 36k

23. Luke. I am interested. And Im out at the ring that week too working as a photographer. Let me know if you or RUK need anything.

24. What do you reckon a 265.R would do to Trophy values though? :worried:

25. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Ruin them tbh, I can see Trophy prices going the same way as RS250 prices when its released.

I was in my local RS dealer yesterday as well, They know something but won't tell me anymore until its been officially released. I was the first to query about it though so my name is down for a test drive/purchase as soon as they release it and have them available.

26. I will hate anyone who buys one. Will be really jealous!

27. Trophy values are no different to a regular 265, and let's be honest, no one buys a renaultsport as an investment !!!! If you were worried about depreciation you should've bought a German motor

28. Or an R26r :wink:

29. Get in there , it just shows how good the (old) so to speak R is, if they ran a stage 1 R round with some better tyres they would more than likely get it round in under 8 mins , I'm sure I read somewhere that they did on a much cooler day, it's not about ring lap times for me as I'm not that bothered it's the way they drive and make you feel, oh and the fact I've lost no money

30. You got to wonder that if the "RSR" Megane is being revealed to the world in mid June with the #under8 banner, that Renault have already gone faster then Seat and taken back said record????.

31. Will.

No I imagine they have a car that they are working on and they start testing it on the ring to beat the record in June.

32. Leaving it a bit late Will what with weather and stuff, plus all the hype with the #under8 bit, , , unless you heard something on the Renault grapevine mate lol.

33. Will.

Just a guess mate. Not many people will know exactly what is going on. We just have to wait and see.

34. Hope they hurry up mate I want to place my order, , , your fancy a rs250 cup, low milage lol

35. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

[​IMG]

This seems to be gaining momentum now, Looking forward to the actual announcement!

36. Oh very nice! I'm quite excited to have to be honest. The MKIII deserves a send off model!

37. Agh can't wait
    selling the r26 as soon as prices and specs for this are released.

38. I want to see a 350bhp AWD evo-killer Megané. If power keeps going up its surely got to go that way.