250 Tyre pressure sensor mk3

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Gavin., Oct 14, 2017.

1. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Is there a common thing/error that appears when they are faulty or on their way out?

A week or so ago front nearside came up saying in needed air, it was a cold day and only 0.1 bar under the offside, anyway just got around to pumping it up and the fault hasn’t gone, both front wheels are 2.2 bar but it still say it needs inflating?

2. Try taking it for a drive

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Have done, it ain’t clearing, although it has dropped to 2.1 again, not dropping below that so don’t think it’s punctured, maybe needs more air in, dunno.

4. Sounds like mine when I had a nail. Cheap fix get it plugged

5. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Just got out mega old faithful 12v compressor and that showed 25psi, pumped it up to 32 and it cleared it.

Now I have one at 2.5 bar, rest are 2.1 to 2.3.

What should they be?

6. 2.2 front, 2.0 rear is 'normal' cold pressures.

Mine throws up errors on the back in cold weather though and has done from new. Clears with a bit of temp.

Gavin. likes this.
  7. The Meg RS has a "RE-LEARN TYRE PRESSURES" menu, when you page thro' the settings menu on the up/down buttons on the R/hand stalk, when you get to the Bar display, hold the button in and it will display the "Re-learning pressures" message,, hold the button in until it says complete, do the front and rear tyres separately, you can also try deliberately lowering the pressures to say 20 lb all round, do the re-learn procedure so it thinks that is the norm' and then re-inflate to the correct pressures, this last one is what I did to eliminate the regular false messages, seems to have fixed mine permanently. :grinning:

Gavin. and Jonny157 like this.
  8. What is the tyre/wheel size. Im running 235 35 19 and I have fronts at 2.5 backs at 2.3. If they drop to 2.0 it will show as flat. In the cold weather a tyre at 2.2 can come up at 2.0 but running it for 5 minutes and get some heat in them, then just recalibrate

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

19” mine, my pumped up one is now 2.7 in the warm weather [emoji23]

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Tried that earlier, nothing appears on the 250

11. Oh dear, mine's a 2015 mk 3 facelift.