Tyre catching inside wheel arch.

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by RS-James, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Recently noticed the drivers side tyre on full right lock is touching the suspension bar (non technical term) and causing it to screech. This doesn't happen on the other side ?

e6asuma8.jpg

What is causing this?

Thanks.

2. It looks like your wheel is touching your shocker and that would be a bit dangerous. I would get it looked at asap.

3. yep, but i dont understand how it could happen? cant see anything untoward.

4. It looks like something could be bent or badly worn (hub mounts or bearing) have you hit any potholes?

5. nope not that i can recall. mark black has given my steering a look over numerous times and carried out repairs and never mentioned anything untoward.

6. I would suggest a 4 wheel geometry to check your caster and camber on the front!

7. I have been meaning to get that done.

8. If you want it checking the dealer I work for is doing free checks and we are not to far from Doncaster (in Howden J37 of M62)

9. there is no adjustment for caster/camber on the front only toe in/out.

10. That is true but it would indicate if anything was bent and it is possible to move the subframe a bit to adjust the camber (only a bit though)

11. Brian Leighton ? If so that's one of the few places I could find that did 4 wheel geometry when I looked on Google.
    I'm having some work done on the front of the car within the next month or so. will get it checked then.

12. surely its got to be a issue with the hub bearings to allow the wheel to rub the shock, can you not see anything untoward?

13. Yep that's us just let me know when you would like to have it looked at and i will see if I can get a bit of discount for you (normally 10% for forum members)
    But the initial check is free !!!

14. Thanks mate. Will be in touch in the future.