Tutuur's Big turbo Clio R27

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by tutuur, May 2, 2015.

1. So, i've finally made some pics so thought it was about time to start a project thread.

The car needs some tlc but i'll take care of that in the future.

First thing i did to the car was buy and fit a H&R Monotube coilover kit, i also bought a cup spoiler with carbon end caps but it needs to be sprayed still.
    Today i painted the front grilles and rear diffuser satin black as i'm not into cleaning so this is the easiest way out.

Enough with the talking, here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The car won't stay standard for long, i'll keep you guys updated!

Cheers,

Arthur

2. Love it!!

3. So, the choice of wheels has gone to 3sdm 0.01's in 18". No for the more wheel educated people i hear you think, yes these only come in 5x112.

Shame Renault choose such a shitty PCD so it was time to modify the discs and hubs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now i wanted 18x8,5j alround but after a bit of digging i noticed i might be able to fit 9,5j in the rear. However because of the deep concave the offset is way too low so it was time to modify the stub axles:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then for the ones not knowing what wheels the 3sdm 0.01's are:

[​IMG]

Tyre of choise are Hankook V12 evo in 225/40 for the rear and 215/40 in the front. ideally i would need 35's in the front because of clearance but i don't know whether i'll be able to abuse them as much as a 40 profile....

4. New wheels have arrived:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

won't be fitting them before July though:worried:

5. MBC

MBC

Looks very tidy mate.

6. I appreciate people who are not afraid to mod they're cars.

Nice way of doing it.

S.

7. Thanks mate, shame i'll have to wait till half of July before i can fit them...

8. Looks great Dutch :smile:

I love a R27 - fantastic car. Needs the rear spoiler though, yeah?

9. Already have one, still needs painting though.

10. I'll leave this here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Winning!!

12. So cool

13. Needed some extra clearance:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That ass!

[​IMG]

14. Wow what a project! i'll be keeping an eye on this, looks like some fantastic engineering and thought going into this :smile:

15. Will be getting some more in the future :cool:

But just a few more pics for now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Looking great mate :cool:

17. Those are the wheels I wanted lol.

18. Beat you to it :cool:

There are replica's available in 5x108 though but they are not the right offset iirc. They are made for Volvo's

19. Yeah I'm not as brave as you so decided to leave it. I wanted the satin black. Saw them on a s3 at a show looked superb.

20. Fabricated some exhaust tips yesterday, think i'm going to make another set in 3" as they look too small. Also need to tilt them up a bit as they are pointing downwards now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

looks smart that

22. First on in the Netherlands, completely done by myself

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[youtube]0KaA054g5hk[/youtube]

The air filter and coolant bottle have been replaced now, setup for now is:
    standard 225 engine (will be upgraded in the future)
    meg radiator
    r26 gearbox
    single mass flywheel
    r26.r clutch

Also added some Tropy-R seats:

[​IMG]

F3x likes this.
  23. Fantastic mate, top job :smile:

What's it like to drive now? Will the gearbox be okay now do you think, and with the further engine mods? I know they can be a bit of a weak point on the mk3.

24. good work mate! Those seats are stunning!

25. How was the box mate? Everything ok?

Seats look great.

26. Gearboxes aren't too strong but they'll be fine for the power i want. Torque will be limited somewhat anyway.

gearbox is okayish, it does grind a bit to second and third but for the price it's nothing to care about :smile:

27. Haven't had much time to do any upgrades on the car but it's still going strong. Took it to the ring last weekend...

Did take it easy a bit on the straights and the brakes where shot also so braking early, still managed a 9:05 BTG though :wink:

28. Bit of a blast from the past! I've beaten the 300bhp barrier on the 225 engine and was getting used to it already. So after about 3,5 hours car looked like this:

DF9D390E-CE67-4C27-82CB-0D530A4C3559_zpsyvidltjh.jpg

Next setup will be standard 250 engine, my own 19T hybrid turbo, full custom made 3" exhaust system with flapper.

Standard injectors at first until i max them out, then probably some bosch ev14's as these are the only ones with the correct style tip vs the 630cc deka's

ianplymouth likes this.
  29. That looks like a sight i have seen before, crack on with it mate, i might need you help soon with my the setup :sunglasses:

Merry Christmas by the way

30. I have a set of 630's are these still going to be okay for the 250 engine ????

31. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I run 630s in mine, made 365bhp, quite tempted to try a set of EV14s though, mainly to try and make my setup as efficient as possible

32. They'll work but just not a perfect fit. Fuel atomisation on the ev14's is miles better than the deka's, also the ev14's have the correct style tip which the deka's dont....

33. Do you have a link for the EV14's please, then i can sell my 630's and get some money back, might as well do what i can now before mapping.

34. Tbh, mapping would probably cost a flrtune in that case as no one has a base map for them yet, takes alot of time to PROPERLY dial them in. Can't remember of the top of my head but what turbo are you fitting?

ewant81 likes this.
  35. I am running a standard turbo, (brand new) so maybe i will get it sorted with the 630's and maybe ev14's and bigger turbo next year.
    Don't want to loose to many track days :sunglasses:

ewant81 likes this.
  36. Why would you use 630's on standard turbo? Standard 250 injectors are plenty!

Unless you're keeping standard fuel system/pressure?

Did a little search but it seems the ev14's are discontinued....

37. Okay, 250 injectors plenty for what power ???
    Is there any benefit on putting a 5 bar fuel pump in and the 630's or leave the 250's in ????

38. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Stock 250 injectors will still flow enough for 330/340 on a stock 250 turbo.

39. If you fit a 5 bar reg in the intank unit you could use the rising rate reg on the rail, if you don't it won't work.

Only problem is the 250 intank reg doesn't physically fit the pump housing. Not a big deal though, turn the tip down in a lathe and it will fit.

40. So i can run the standard pump okay then, any advantage in running the 5 bar set up