Tom's Red 250

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by durmz, Feb 18, 2016.

1. I've got the Reylands fitted. Seem pucker

On geo - was talking to the guys for a ring setup and they recommend 1.5mm toe out at the front (per wheel) and also toe out at the rear(!)... which, from experience, isn't the most fun on the road :wink:

This is with the standard 1.22deg of neg camber. Although I know there's a craze to get a ton of camber, i'm not entirely convinced that's the way forward with these cars

2. Nice, you go for the floating hat upgrade too?

Yeah I wont be going beyond neutral toe I dont think

3. No, not sure it's an option on that kit but for road cars sometimes it's more aggro than it's worth

4. Yeah I know what you mean but its actually sound, its a sprung floating setup so its a good compromise doesn't rattle too much

5. Not too much risk of dirt and stuff getting stuck?

I didn't realise there was that option on the kit to be honest. Does it push the bell out further?

6. No I dont think so but it depends how often you're servicing all that gear I suppose, I do a quick clean up etc before each track day. Got no real reference to check against for the bell depth, but I wouldn't have said so.

7. Started to crack on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got fronts to put on, going to split the headlights to make insides black, new sunstrip and rear camber shims to fit but I'm back off to scotland to work for a week so that will have to wait

Ignore the hazard tape lol its all I had to mark which wheel went where lol

8. That hazard tape is a nice touch! :tearsofjoy:

9. Lol starting a trend... I think

Bowen likes this.
  10. Good progress Tom. Like the hazard tape.

11. Great progress loving the choice of parts!

12. This needs an update pal.

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Cut some holes in it.

Still not fast.

Updated @Bowen

Bowen likes this.
  14. Pissed out a gallstone. Weight saving.

-Jamie- likes this.
  15. It needs him to move his pictures onto flickr too lol

16. Not been on here for a while.. i can sort an update. I cba to move any pictures though lol