Throttle stuck open

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Dazman, Nov 14, 2018.

1. i have had this happen to me twice now, the throttle is getting stuck down after i take my foot off, was quite scary when my car just starts accelerating towards traffic.
    Seems like pressing the brakes or the accelerator will release it but then it will happen again immediately and gets badly stuck, hitting the limiter etc, today i had to pull over engine maxed and physically lift the pedal out
    Wondering if this is something to do with the cruise control function
    Any ideas or know where i can get a replacement pedal etc
    Thanks

2. I had a sticky throttle a while back, turned out to be the throttle pedal, I think it was just over £100 from Renault. Properly scary when it stick on when your heading towards a roundabout at 60 ish haha.

3. Yes very worrying, did you change the pedal yourself? Wonder if its worth me getting it done in a garage or not, im pretty handy but that area seems complex

4. throttle pedal / potentiometre is a single module and easy to replace, 10mm spanner remove two bolts and unclip multi pin connector then replace.

5. Okay thats good, give it a quick clean aswell if i can
    Can get one for 130 odd from rpd, anyone know anywhere cheaper? Would prefer to keep it genuine part if I can

6. sealed unit, never seen one fail so unlikely to source from another outlet

7. Got mine fitted at the garage as I didn’t know what was wrong with it at the time.

8. Ohh good this has happened to someone else, (don't take that the wrong way please) never seen a post about this before, this happened to me on the way to Spa, never happened on track, but started the following morning leaving to drive home, after a couple of times it didn't happen again all the way home, i just either flicked the peddle or lifted it with my toe.

Something else to go one the shopping list