The new RenaultSport Racing Blue track car

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by Mark., Jun 8, 2017.

1. Well some of you might remember my old 225 track car.

http://rsmegane.com/threads/megane-225-track-car.11364/#post-131249

Knockhill 25.04.2013.jpg

This is it's Racing Blue replacement!

Caterham Seven 420

Options we went for were;

· R Pack which consist of; Dry sump oil system, Limited-slip differential, Lightweight flywheel, Rear ARB, Uprated brake master cylinder, Carbon fibre dashboard, Carbon leather tunnel top, Composite race seats, Momo steering wheel, 4-point race harnesses, Black pack, Unique key, gearknob & instruments, Shift light, 12V socket, Aero filler cap & Composite race seats

· Factory Build
    · Track Suspension Pack
    · Carbon Cycle Wings
    · Heater
    · Steering wheel quick release
    · Full windscreen hood and side screens
    · 13” Apollo black wheels 6” fronts & 8” rears
    · Avon ZZR tyre upgrade
    · Renault Sport Racing Blue (1 of 1 apparently!)

I think that’s the lot, it was ordered around July last year and took delivery just in time for the new registrations in September.

IMG_5007.jpg
    IMG_5162.jpg
    IMG_5160.jpg
    IMG_5163.jpg

The drive home was eventful to say the least, scorching weather for a couple of hours then torrential ran for the final leg through Scotland. Never stopped to put the roof on just powered through and to be fair we got a decent range out the tank only having to stop for fuel every ~175 miles.

It’s now got 2500 miles on and an oil service under its belt at 1k, really starting to learn what it can do and cannot wait to get to Knockhill. Just really struggling for free time right now.

Only done couple of wee mods, changed the indicator lamps from orange to clear and you’ll see the standard sports cat has vanished & I've had my number plate put it too.

IMG_6009.JPG
    IMG_6350.JPG

2. thats lovely, they really are fantastic on track, my brother in law has an R500, its an animal, enjoy

3. How do I change the title, my typing and not looking has made me misspell Renault baaaaadly :blush:

4. Thanks mate, it's been great fun so far

5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Oh Mark, now that's am upgrade!

6. Stunning cars, just wish I was able to fit in one lol...look forward to seeing it at knockhill.

7. Looks great. We had an 1800 supersport with lots of carbon and freestyle Motorsport inboard dampers. Was great, though liked my Westfields just as much. My brother's brother-inlaw is a Caterham mechanic who preps the demo cars and drives them all over Europe. He has some great footage with things like an Apache gunship when an F1 driver was testing the Caterham. Great job if you don't mind all the travelling/hours. Must blag a ride in a 620.
    I can really recommend a soft bits 4 sevens half hood.

8. It sure is, cannot wait to get back to Knockhill now. Its been far to long !

The S3 chassis is bigger than you'd think inside, the SV chassis is obviously bigger again.

I wont be putting the roof on it unless we're at trackdays down south and have to stay overnight.
    Quite fancy the half doors and aeroscreen but dont want to wear a helmet on the road.

620R would have been amazing but seeing as its the 1st one we 'played it safe'. I'm sure once the confidence is up it'll be just as quick as someone who's went straight for the 620r...that's what I'm telling myself (obviously not in a straight line, over the duration of a lap)

9. I've booked a Knockhill trackday on Friday the 7th, anyone going ?

It'll be the first time on track in the Caterham, hopefully get some video too if I can work out how to link harrys lap timer and the GoPro

Weathers looking decent just now, if it rains I'll be nicking the Mrs S3 :tearsofjoy: