The Last Great Megane RS

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Aerofoil, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Well after going from an interesting thread to a pile of pointless handbags I'm finally at the end of page 3 of posts!

All I have to add (mainly from 1st page) is that I've ordered a clio 220!
    I personally thought it is still brilliant (used to be a 197 f1 owner) but there is no getting away from the fact it's less involving. For me tho that's no bad thing, I like the 'flappy paddle box' maybe I'm getting old and lazy!

Trophy Pete likes this.
  2. I'm sure you'll love it. Had mine for a month or so and for normal daily use I don't think I'd go back to a manual. Yes, it's less involving, but when you do switch it to full manual on a good mountain road it's great fun.

I didn't drive the old 200T, but the gearbox on the 220T is fantastic, in fact, I'd welcome the gearbox in the new Megane (or in fact the new Alpine whenever that comes out).

I'm on about 700 miles at the moment so it's still quite tight feeling. But I've had quite a few laugh out loud moments when I've out my foot down and the car's dropped 3 gears and just launched forward!

3. I really fancy A 220 next as it's the future, plus I'm sick of changing gear ( been doing it 20 odd years).

4. What a great post :smile: lol