The elusive R26

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Korky, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Yeh mate, reyland bells with APracing rotors

Regards
    KT

2. Can you link me up? I can only see with AP bolts.
    I may be being a bit dense but I can only find the ones with AP bolts. Not rotors in their site.
    Cheapest I could find the rotors alone from AP where £539 and tht was 312mm not 330 :-(

3. like the idea of doing the interiors bits in gloss black, how hard was it to get the bits off? do they just pull off? how did you get the handbrake off?

the door handles need doing ideally but they might be tricky to do, did you do the bit around the stero?

4. I will go through my receipts and find a link when I get chance mate, you tried AP directly?

I will be replacing the outside door handle with new and keeping them silver to suit the new wheels when I get some

Regards
    KT

5. hi, no i meant the internal door handles to be black like the other bits

6. Painted the engine cover just waiting for the stickers to arrive now
    2ab518d030a804982bad634bbdb3907f.jpg

Regards
    KT

7. Good job in a Car, and perfect modifications!!!

Congratulations!!!!

8. Cheers dude!

So, the Megane developed a clicking from the near side driveshaft, I've ordered a replacement from Renault, drop links and anti-twist links. Hopefully they will be here for the weekend.
    I have also bought a pioneer SPH-DA120 double din with Apple play, I'm just waiting for the fascia to arrive, after reading up about Apple car play, you can run Spotify, maps, take calls and read/reply to texts via Siri without touching your phone which is great! I will take some photos when the parts are fitted.
    Hopefully I'll get the clutch done soon too

Regards
    KT

SiMonster likes this.
  9. New drive shaft on tonight, drop links and twist links, I opted for the trw ones as they are the manufacturer of the Renault ones, car feels as if there is a lot more feedback from the front now, the old links were past their best and seemed loose.

[​IMG]

The only picture I have of the new head unit too

[​IMG]

Regards
    KT

martin1977 and L-1011 like this.
  10. How much and where from is the driveshaft if i may ask?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

11. The driveshafts are around £150 a side from Renault parts direct

Regards
    KT

12. What's the head unit like? Been tempting to get one myself. Do apps like waze work on it? Was it easy to install?

13. It was pretty easy to install, make sure you get the patch loom so you can use the stalk controls too, I haven't used any other apps other than Spotify and maps

Regards
    KT

14. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

Do the speedo surround and rev counter surround just pop off? And the handbrake handle covers do they pop off too?

15. Yeh, they all just pop off, take a picture of the clock surrounds before removing them make sure you put them back on in the correct place

Regards
    KT

16. So I have booked the car in with the guru Mark Black for some work, I would do the jobs myself but for the price it's a no brainer really, and the stamp in he service book.
    The Megane is in for R26R clutch with TTV single mass flywheel, release bearing and slave cylinder. Additional to this it will also be getting a cambelt change, this isn't due till next year but whilst it is there I would rather just get it all done at once. Mark has machined up some grease nipple bolts for my hubs too. I have ordered all the additional bushes and steering parts that I haven't fitted already so that whilst the subframe is off these can be changed too, I will get some pictures to post whilst I am there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. [​IMG]

ewant81 likes this.
  18. I got the hub bolts with grease nipples fitted, and properly greased swivel bearings makes a positive improvement to the steering. Haven't tried topping them up yet, so can't comment on how easy it is on the driveway!

19. I meant to post this the other day, anyone looking to do a front end refresh on the mk2 megane rs will need the following:

Megane 225/R26 Steering Track Rod (7701475837) X2 (Genuine only) £39 Each
    Each http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-megane-steering-track-rod/

O/S Tie Rod End TRW (7701474795) - Ref: JTE1061 £16.80
    http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/tie-rod-end-track-rod-end/trw-jte1061_g914_a161JTE1061.html

N/S Tie Rod End TRW (770147796) - Ref: JTE1060 £18.70
    http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/tie-rod-end-track-rod-end/trw-jte1060_g914_a161JTE1060.html

Megane 2 Polyamide Plastic Steering Rack Bush £25.50
    http://www.trackfocusdirect.com/sho...steering-rack-bush-also-fits-clio-197/7481443

Anti Roll Bar Link TRW (8200669065) - Ref: JTS463 X2 £17.60 Each
    http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/anti-roll-bar/trw-jts463_g3229_a161JTS463.html

Anti Rotaion Link TRW (8200686016) - Ref: JTS466 X2 £28.60 Each
    http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/anti-roll-bar/trw-jts466_g3229_a161JTS466.html

In addition to this i ordered ball joints and bushes seperatly, or you could order both withbones direct from renault
    O/S Wishbone (8200725660) £96.84
    http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-megane-r26-lower-arm-osf/

N/S Wishbone (8200725659) £105.44
    http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-megane-r26-lower-arm-nsf/

Ball joint (Ocap) X2 £8.69 Each
    http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/617745148

Powerflex Black Series Bushes (from K-tec)
    http://k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=5219&appid=12
    R26 Antil Roll bar bushes 21mm 803-21BLK £38.16 (225 buses 20mm 503-20BLK £8.16)
    Front wishbone bush 60-501BLK £69.48
    Rear wishbone bush 60-502BLK £76.44

Swivel Hub Bearings BK4520A £22.86 Each
    http://www.hendersonbearings.co.uk/...oller-bearing-closed-end-ina-45x52x20xmm.html

Swivel Hub Bearing Seals £4.42
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331886490832

Rear beam bushes if anyone is interested are 60-510BLK £73.80

I already run bc coilovers, solid topmounts and solid engine mounts so there was no need to change these during my refresh, i hope these codes and links can help other when looking for the same parts.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Dredd123, rTEM, tof73 and 3 others like this.
  20. So my car went into Mark Blacks today for a major service the following was carried out:
    TTV single mass flywheel
    R26r clutch and slave cylinder
    Genuine cambelt kit
    Genuine water pump
    Genuine auxiliary belt kit
    Millers nanodrive 5-40w oil & genuine filter
    Powerflex bushes on arb and rear beam
    Genuine inner & outer tie rods with steering rack bush
    Hub bolts with grease nipples

Great guy and answered any questions I had, the old clutch and flywheel were ducked, it hasn't worked out much more than doing it myself either! Would highly recommend!

Should have spare wishbones soon so they will be off for powdercoating then new ball joints and the other black series powerflex bushes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Trophyboy, Feirny and martin1977 like this.
  21. So a friend of mine, Craig kindly pressed the new bushes and ball joints in the spare wishbones I have, they just need slick of paint before they go on this week.

[​IMG]

I also have so xenons to go in I'm just waiting for the rear level sensor loom from Renault as the one that came with them has been chopped in half! But of course this part is on back order and has to come directly from Renault in France. One I have it I will install them and program them in on Clip.

[​IMG]

I am also debating a retrim for the 197 wheel or the new cup racer wheel? Opinions? Note the car will probably get a set of pole positions or sportsters at some point.
    [​IMG]

23. It should fit the standard exhaust buddy

24. cheers buddy

25. So today I fitted my wishbones which were the final piece of the puzzle, this means that every bush, link, joint and bearing has now been replaced.
    The powerflex black series are very stiff and were a nightmare to manoeuvre into place on my own.

[​IMG]

A picture from the pfc expo too

[​IMG]

L-1011 likes this.
  26. Is anyone able to confirm that 8200627595 is the correct part number for an r26 rear xenon level sensor loom?

27. Korky corker. I like this a lot. A lot of people focus on the power and turbos etc but I'm more a fan of getting the steering and suspension right first before thinking about any of that!
    Going to Mark's again on Sat for polybushes and (presumably) new ball joints along with a new inner tie rod. Already had braided lines, new mounts, poly inserts, new top mounts, shocks and H&R springs done with the polyamide rack bush done a couple of weeks ago.
    Gonna do all the above on my brother's Clio 200 at some stage too as it's such a better car with all those bits freshened up.
    Adds up though doesn't it! A thread like this makes the sale of the car so much more hassle free! Good job.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    L-1011 likes this.
  28. F**K a duck! just read the whole thread, didn't realise I was only on page 3! ha.
    you've gone to town on this! Properly modded/maintained - I like.
    Can't wait to get my (conservative) map and IC done.

29. Cheers buddy, spent a small fortune on it so far! including the car and what I've spent I could of bought an r26r!

What are you getting polybushed?
    A full refresh on the car totally changes things!
    Who will be mapping yours?

martin1977 and Danith like this.
  30. Front end for now. So wishbone bushes, rear purple and front black. Had the mounts done already so should be tight.

Taking mine to Unicorn developments ad they've done a few of the lads on the facebook pages now with no Issues and they run 250 Turbos and injectors etc

I just want a better cooler and a stage 1 risk reduced map :smile:

31. Does it tramline on these?
    Any obvious wear on the rear bearings?
    How's the handling?

32. It should be great mate, you will notice the difference!
    I have heard good things about unicorn, I only went to retuning as I have dealt with Paul and the guys in the past and have been spot on.

Hi mate, I only have these on the rear and they seem fine, no obvious signs of excessive bearing or tyre wear.

L-1011 likes this.
  33. Amazing build mate. How is the ride quality? Black series bushes combined with vibra mounts? How do u find the bc's?

34. The ride is a little harsh on the bc's on poor quality roads but that is my only negative really.
    The black series mounts have aided the drive and the way the car feels, the vibra mounts are stiff but you get use to them soon enough and it makes down shifts a lot nicer as there is next to no engine movement.

Danith likes this.
  35. Thank u. Looks like the direction i will go. Would love to get ast's but for the that price can have bc, bushes, mounts, new control arms and drive shafts.

36. So some of the clips had snapped on one of my grills so I ordered a new set from Renault, a new outer cv boot because of of mine has a little nip that I think will eventually tear and some push clips for the wheel arch liners.
    [​IMG]

37. I just think you have a serious car part buying addiction [emoji16]

38. Haha I just get annoyed by little things and prefer to sort them than leave them.

You are probably right though [emoji23]

39. Ha I'm the same. Always buying little bits for it

If i could fit it all myself I'd be even worse