R26 Subframe part number please?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Chris79, Jun 26, 2018.

1. If anyone can help with the part numbers for items 17,18 &19 from the drawing please be much appreciated. It’s a steel tab, stud and nuts that bolt the cross brace onto the subframe. Mine are completely shot and Renault want £65 for a pair. That’s not happening! Cheers 73750D57-D245-4B15-8797-13DC4A6606A7.png C00BB437-FE21-47DB-8547-3CF0681CE774.png

2. Ignore please, sorted. Cheers

3. No Problem :laughing::laughing:

4. How did you get it sorted as i am after some too and was planning to make some myself, but if you can get them cheaply then i would be more than happy to find out please?

5. Not sorted yet, as in got them cheap, just that I’d found the part number. From research it looks as though Renault only part but it’s a part that you can make yourself or get someone with a welder to make them up. They’re literally with £10 tops. At the end of the day, it’s just a thin (1mm) steel plate with a captive nut one side and a stud the other. Once I’ve either made one or found an alternative solution, I’ll report back.

6. Agreed on the DIY approach for which i have all the component just need to weld them together and paint with Hammerite for corrosion resistance more than anything really with some SS threaded bar and there you go.

I just thought if a not too expensive option was on the card maybe ill use that instead

7. The problem with the oem renault part nr.18 is the very thin walled nut that's welded on. A renault mechanic with its brute force...without brain...split this nut by torquing the lower nut on the stud way too much...grr

Does anybody know, if this part might get replaced during the task of changing the lower wishbones? Might there be enough space?

Many thanks
    Marcel