275 Steering wheel airbag light - how to install resistor?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Lewis, Sep 10, 2018.

1. As above please gents, I've seen there is a resistor kit available from Ktec for the Clio but is it the same set up for a Meg 275R? I've had a search but couldn't find anything relevant. I plan to install an aftermarket wheel on my R to get the steering wheel closer to me so I can have the seat further back (I'm lanky!) but I've removed the airbag at the weekend to check the plug connections for a quick release option and the airbag light is on, and assume will remain on with the non standard steering wheel. Any photos if how this can be done would be great.

Thanks.

2. Just need to find out which resistor you need.

On my 225 it was 3.9 ohms. All I did was double or triple fold the end of the resistor so you get a snug fit in the srs plug.

Turn on the ignition and give it few seconds. If not disconnect the battery for 20 mins and try it again gives the ecu a chance to recheck everything.

Not sure what the resistance is for the mk3 meg might be worth posting in the FB pages as they're more active than here.

3. Ok thanks. Do you have a photo of how it was installed? Also someone must have done a fix on their Mk3 surely, given MOT etc! Thanks.

4. It's for the Clio sport but the principle is the exactly the same.

Sadly maplins was the place to get your resistors but that's not an option any more...

Might have to be an ebay/Google job.

Cpbrad and Lewis like this.