Stage1 tune

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by LJ1981, Mar 19, 2018.

1. I just did custom Etuners Motorsport stage1 tune, I only got mid muffler delete and BMC air filter. I’m not after any more power so the question is what would be next upgrade just to make car stronger more reliable?

RobbieR likes this.
  2. Probably running pretty safe at that mate so just running good octane fuel and regular servicing with quality components should provide longevity. If you really wanted to you could put an intercooler on to keep your charge temps nice and low

sunnylunn likes this.
  3. Would not bother doing anything, it's strong enough and reliable enough, out of the factory. You could lower it, but that's about it, if you are not after any extra horses

4. sen

sen

What sort of bhp could you push “safe ish” do you think with stock internals?

5. Think people are getting 400bhp, I think it's too much tourque that makes them pop

6. sen

sen

Mine is at rs tuning end of May for hybrid, induction kit, injectors, exhaust, decat and map. Just hoping the fucker doesn’t die on me once done.

7. It’s hit or miss with these engines realy. Some are running 550nm for 10k+ while others snap rods at just above 500nm. All depends on how much you strain the engine. Grippy tires, a non slipping clutch and hard use will increase the risk of running into problems.

8. I would not do anything else. I have a tune and BMC filter with stock Akrapovic exhaust and the car is brilliant on track, never had temp issues and more than enough poke to run good times.

I’d focus on good tyres obviously and good pads. I’m going to the PFC 350mm 2 pieces next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. I got car lowered on H&R springs, went for a bit of hard drive and car was amazing, it goes really hard, you can definitely feel deference in power, temperature was normal all the time so no issues there so I think I’ll leave it as it is for now