265 Sports cat/more noise

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by JlllCK J, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Hey all, I know this has been covered many times already and I have read a lot into it, so I’m aware of most things, but just have a couple of questions for people who have had experience on the 250/265...
    1. Is a sports cat worth it for more noise when you already have a mid box chop
    2. Is there any other way (that will pass an MOT) to get some more noise from the exhaust I.e smaller back box etc
    3. Would a sports cat alone bring up the EML which can only be switched off by a remap or by one of those co2 sensor blanks (can’t rememeber what they’re called)

I’m not looking for more power really as I plan to keep it fairly stock (or reversible to stock), just want some more noise from the 265 without going all out. Any help appreciated, cheers!

2. Sports cat definitely made mine louder and still passes the mot, no warning lights came on either.

3. So you just got a sports cat mate? No remap or anything else? And would you say it’s worth the £360 odd plus £150 fitting for the noise boost then?

4. Presumably you already have the center box chop? Sports cat wont throw up any errors and will pass an mot, will be a bit more noisey and pop a bit more, bit confused how you think it will effect boost noise, try fitting a Properfekt recirc valve

5. Yeah mate already got the mid box chop. I think I will be going for the sports cat then if it is noticeable, cheers for the help guys. Oh yeah I meant noise boost as in louder, not boost noise haha. Already got a piper cross filter and took out the sound deadening so it’s a bit better on that front