Speaker Upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by RHK3, Dec 27, 2016.

1. this is the plate the back speakers are on, i took pics for a guide once, never got round to it.

GhUyObu.png

lhI1j72.png

Also you would benefit from getting cable converters for the 'dasia' connection. Unless your happy to cut the original off..

v0b3v5v.png

EDIT : Now i think about i think you do need spacer for the backs also....did it over a year ago, trying to remember.

i really thought i had more pics of the after...

And no i didn't think it sounded any better, the output from the stock head unit is so poor i think it actually sounded worse.

This was where i gave up and got a pro to do the work, rears stayed as i left them.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  2. They should do as long as you can pry the covers off. Wrap a little electrical tape round a flat head screwdriver to avoid scratching the dash and give them a try.

3. Double post

4. @Dubz thanks for the info and pics.

I'm thinking that maybe I should leave the rears for now and just get the front done and amped. Also found a 10" underseat subwoofer I had in my old car, that I'll probably get fitted as well.

Seems like too much hassle, plus I don't think I'll notice the difference in changing the rears to be honest.

5. no i don't think you will either unless going to good quality and putting an amp on them

I just hope you don't have the noise issue from the head unit like i did

6. If I change the rears I would amp them as well.

Yeah hopefully I don't, but I'm not going to know until I try

7. Thanks everyone. The sound is so poor that I think just upgrading the standard speakers for better full-range speakers will do me, I appreciate that putting some separates in the front (and possibly also rear) would make an even better difference but it would mean taking the he dashboard apart and I'm not that bothered enough.

8. Here is a link to the Hi-Lo level adaptors I have used in the past and been fine...

http://ebay.eu/2iFoWy6

Whether the MK3 electronics will create interference I do not know as haven't had chance to fit over Christmas. I went to fit my power wire through the bulkhead when I had battery and airbox etc off whilst fitting my ProPerFekt Recirc valve but couldnt see the bung and didnt want to drill a hole without knowing what was there... Also has anyone else ran power wires from battery? If so where have you ran them?

RHMK3, if car audio centre quouted you £130/180 cant remember I wonder if your local to me? We have a car audio centre in Birmingham.

9. @Molesyy thanks for the link.

I'm in London.. Car Audio Centre have a few branches around the courtry

Molesyy likes this.
  10. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

11. You don't usually have to solder these - the 'Renault fit' really only means the have the correct plugs.

They do have an inbuilt crossover though which makes things a lot easier. I had them in a Clio and they are very definitely a worthwhile upgrade for not much money and easy enough to fit yourself. Not as good as changing the head unit or amping but you get what you pay for.

12. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

13. I have a fairly serious audio set up in my Megane 3 - door speakers were difficult to fit, took 2 of us a full day to fit each door speaker. I have sound deadened the inner and outer skins, plus filled the access holes with MDF - this makes the door an almost sealed chamber with great output volume !

Attached Files: