Sponsored By:  

Spa 02-03 October 17

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by ianplymouth, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Hi Guys
    I booked on these 2 days last night, never been to Spa before, is anyone else going ????
    Looking to tag along with someone if possible, also not sure about accommodation any help would be great.
    It's going to take me a while to get to Folkstone, so will stay over the night before.

2. I may be going on 2nd October. Where you heading to Folkestone from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I live in Plymouth (Devon :laughing:)

are you doing both days ???

4. I stayed at the Premier Inn at Folkestone last year when I went in September. I would be doing the Monday only I think.

5. I stayed a couple of times in a hotel overlooking to channel, it was just somewhere to put my head down, twin room was £28, breakfast was included but wouldn't serve at 5am :neutral:, had to catch the train at 5.40 am.

Have you booked a place to stay down in Spa ????

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Radisson Blu is spa is a cracking hotel, that's where we normally stay

7. Cheers Jamie
    Looks good so booked but i have the opportunity to cancel :sunglasses:

Are you going ?????

8. Who's it with and how much?

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not booked yet but I normally end up going out with a large group to do the CD days there.

10. Not going this early in the year. Wintertires still on the car plus the weather ... it's Spa :wink:
    But will def go this year.

11. Jamie if you don't mind would you let me know when you book, if you are coming from Scotland are you driving straight down there or do you stay over the day before ??? do you use the tunnel or ferry ????

12. I've gone by tunnel and ferry. Must say the eurotunnel was by far the better way to travel.

We stayed at Hotel La Reine at Spa last year, ticked the boxes for us but one from our group who didn't book in time ended up at booking last minute at the Radisson Blu and it was fantastic.

I'll probably get the ferry across to Holyhead, drive to Folkestone and stay the night then Eurotunnel across.

13. Wow that's going to quite a trip.
    I have stayed here http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/the...3e6424cf1ebf64be00741e5dX1;type=total;ucfs=1&
    and here
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/car...3e6424cf1ebf64be00741e5dX4;type=total;ucfs=1&

Cheap and cheerful, with a really great sit down chippy around the corner and it has a bar :grinning:

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Will do, I normally drive it in one go not sure if I'll tunnel or ferry, ferry is good as you can get a proper break for the next leg

15. I'm having a stop over in Folkestone to be nice and fresh for the drive down to Spa the following day, not been before so don't want to be tired.

16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

It's not too bad tbf, a nice 3 hour cruise from Dunkirk

17. Just come back from 2 days at Spa (4th & 5th) it was epic loved it, can't wait till October, got it all on video, had a couple of scares once when someone dumped there coolant in the braking area at the end of the straight and another when a Cateram dumped fuel on Pouhon.
    Will put up video when i can

git-r likes this.
  18. Sounds hairy! I'm there the 19th July. How did you find the 3 scary corners; Eau Rouge, Pouhon and Blanchomont?

I've been lucky enough to race there and I have to agree with Lewis Hamilton, it doesn't feel like you're going around a circuit but like you're on a long drive to somewhere else.

19. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've had a similar experience when a Super trofeo dumped all its coolant, Pouhon was interesting to say the least

20. Missed you by a day! I was there on monday and will be back the 3rd october! Lovely track!

21. I was there on the 4th, weather was fantastic, driving standards really good. Brilliant day, and a few beers in the evenings

22. Hi Sam
    Eau Rouge was okay once i had a couple of goes at it, for me it was a quick dab of the brakes before the dip, just as it starts to go right plant the throttle and don't lift :laughing:

I was stuck up the exhaust of a M3 and the idiot braked mid corner, i had to brake and it upset the car big time :rage:

Pouhon, was okay a bit scary for the first couple of goes, building up more and more confidence each lap, ended up roughly entering around 90 mph and exiting at just over 115 mph (rev limiter 4th gear) in the end, don't know if that's good or not but i was happy :sunglasses: make sure you rear tyres are up to temp before throwing it into this one

Blanchomont, tried in 4th and 5th, kept it flat out from Stavelot up to there quick dab on the brakes and mash the throttle and don't lift, not sure what was faster, but the green stuff just the other side of the rumble strips is quite slippery.

Just take your time and build up your speed gently, don't let yourself get pushed harder than you want to go into corners do your own speed.
    And have fun :laughing:

23. Come and say hello you wont miss an Orange Megane out there

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I cant wait for October, We are doing Ring at the weekend before

25. I am at the ring but on Monday the 16th it's a trackday :sunglasses:, might go before, was thinking 3rd, 4th and the 5th of June

26. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If the TD was the same week as Spa id of done it, Unfortunately ill have to settle to a few TF laps before Spa on the Saturday and Sunday, Still undecided if ill do both Spa days. Prices have went a bit mental since TD's stared getting so popular.

27. I was thinking of staying out there for both events, but two weeks in hotels is going to be a bit expensive

28. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Yeah thats one of the main reason I'm not LOL, Not to mention the time off work required

29. I'm booked on for the 2nd at spa so I'll see you guy there

30. Would be great to meet up, see you there :sunglasses:

odinson likes this.
  31. Why don't you guys take the trackway on June 2nd or June 23nd? Better weather as in October :wink:

32. link please, as i cant find anything for those dates

33. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Skylimit days are always well run.

I'd like to make it out during the summer but work prevents that. October is fine by me, pissed with rain last time on the first day but still had a mega time on track, so much grip in the wet

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

34. IMG_0573.PNG I will be there on Monday ! Can't wait it's a cracking fast track ! Photo of last year in my R26

35. I like this one, Porsche getting the blue flag cus i am coming through :laughing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Lynchy1975 likes this.
  36. IMG_0603.JPG From my trip on the 17th ! Love this track ! Hoping to go back in October. Was in the RS4 this time took my R26 last time.

37. NJH

NJH

Ian chat about this on Thursday, I will see if I can get the time out from work to come over and do both of those Spa days.

38. my favourite track, tempted to book on