Someone smashed my bumper!!

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by sen, Feb 11, 2018.

1. sen

sen

someone hit my car last night and fucked off. Need a new front bumper.
    Car is 2011 Megane 250 in yellow. Anyone any idea where I can get a new one?

2. Could try somewhere like Renparts, dont think any are being broken on here atm

3. sen

sen

If I took it to Renault could they sort it with a new bumper?

4. They should, but it will be expensive

5. they could..and then relieve you of £600 for there pleasure.

6. sen

sen

What you reckon, rough estimate? More than a grand?

7. sen

sen

My insurance excess is 450 so I’d be happy to pay that.

8. sen

sen

Well, happy is a bit over the top.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  9. I'm not entirely sure to be honest. You'd need to buy the bumper, pay for the respray and labour.

Contact Paul at Renault Parts Direct, he'll be able to give you a quote for a new bumper.

Is the bumper not repairable?

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

MK3 bumpers are pricey, Dont expect much change from 1k if going new from Renault. Then add paint/labour

sen likes this.
  11. a lot of companies do very good plastic repairs these days....is that worth looking into?

12. sen

sen

Definitely. Been quoted £1500 today. Something about having to have the full front end painted because the yellow won’t match if they just do the bumper?

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Rubbish, Find a decent painter, Ive had a few bits done on mine and you cant tell the difference from original to repainted areas

14. hmmm if you want the car tip top and dont mind paying the excess then i guess that is the optimum route but some companies have done great repairs for friends so definitely worth checking out that route.

sen likes this.
  15. sen

sen

Apparently these people are an approved Renault repair company. He suggested I stick the headlight washer back on with adhesive to save money. Only had the car since November so want it to be right really.
    I’ll have a look at some other places.

16. sen

sen

Looks like this. Obviously hole where the washer was and that black thing underneath has snapped. Think the clips behind the black plastic have snapped cos on the passenger side it’s stuck in tight but drivers side just pulls out under the headlight.

Attached Files:

17. that is a bugger when its your pride and joy

sen likes this.
  18. I've got a secondhand bumper which may be of some use? It's just the front shell as such - no grill, brackets, etc

Let me know if its of any interest, and I'll work out how much I'd want.

It'll need to be prep'd and sprayed, as there is a slight scuff on the one side. It's in Black.

19. sen

sen

Turns out I just need a new washer jet, the black plastic that runs under the headlights needs painting and a bit of fiddling to get all the bits back together. According to another repair guy. Probably looking at a few hundred rather than the 1500 I got quoted.
    Headlight washer is coming tomorrow £74.