Six great years and I’m off....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by moono16v, Mar 8, 2018.

1. thanks to all who have helped over the 6 superb trouble free years I owned the megane. I have just sold it on this morning to a decent lad from Hereford! Let’s hope he signs up and enjoys it as much as I did.

Going to look at my potentially replacement next week.

jack250, Mikey4410 and Gavin. like this.
  2. What the potential replacement?

3. you'll be back :sunglasses:

Mikey4410, moono16v and Gavin. like this.
  4. Oh I’ve already said I’ll be back! The meg is a mega mega car! It got its final send off the night before with a new focus rs that asked me for a “race” down the slip road we was joining.....the meg was in front by a car till about 90 then it took me. My meg was standard! Superb car!!!!

The replacement is a civic type r FK2 in champ white. Going to see one next week and pretty much will be taking it. I’ll have this for around three years depending how we like it and then 100% I’ll be back in a mk4 meg RS in liquid yellow once they have dropped ££££.

I’ll get some pics up and an honest comparison vs my meg.

Xanda73 and Jonny157 like this.
  5. Good luck with the new car. Keep us posted on how it compares.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mikey4410 likes this.
  6. Had the civic a week now and took it out on it’s first B road blast yesterday.

I have always been honest in my views on cars whether they be my own or not.

I can’t believe how good the civic is it’s a lot lot quicker than I thought and massively quicker than my megane 250 (standard car). The low down torque is effortless and overtaking is a joy.
    Handling wise it’s far superior / flatter than the meg. The meg is an immense car and that’s why I owned it for 6 years it was superb in every way! But I have to say the civic is better in every single way than the megane! I really really really think it’s a huge step up from the meg and if you can get over the styling then I think it’s a great upgrade from the megane.

And the gear change is as ace as all the mags say.

My mate Rossy on here still has his 250 so we’re gonna get out with them both and see how they compare back to back.

[​IMG]

Elliott

brett21, Xanda73 and Jonny157 like this.
  7. never any doubt its a good car.
    The biggest complaint was the stiffness of the damping,especially in R mode.

New model is streets ahead again,so it must be epic..
    I think this shape of civic could easily be lived with looks wise.
    The new one is hideous..which is a terrible shame.

8. Not really comparing like for like now are you, good few years difference

Ohh and by the way

BYE :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'd expect it to be quicker, it has how many years on the Megane in development [emoji23]

10. The civics are great cars,i loved them up until the wedge shape ep3 and then after that they are just awful looking

Had a play on the straight with one of the new ones when my r26 was not stripped out and it was only pulling away a little from mine.

11. I must be on my own in that i think the new one looks alot better than the last few offerings.Drove an EP3 a few years back, gearchange was nice , but the steering was awful.

12. This shape looks pretty mean in the flesh in the right colour.Had a good look over a metallic blue one the other day.
    Its the front end of the new one thats gash.Huge mouldings of cheap plastic all over it.

13. the plastic round the spotlights...ouch. 2018-honda-civic-type-r-champ-white-22.jpg

14. I own a meg 250 and there’s a local new CTR that I regularly have a play with down the local B roads and it’s definitely not massively quicker!
    Marginally quicker yes.
    It has 40 bhp more but also weights more.
    Your CTR probably feels quicker as they have a much more aggressive power delivery then the meg.
    I’m not denying it’s a better car, it has 8 years on the megane.
    I personally couldn’t live with the looks but each to their own.

15. Are these standard Megane’s your driving whilst keeping with the civic? My 250 was completely standard and so too is my mates we are gonna get out and play with.

Don’t get me wrong the meg is awesome and always will be but the civic is just like the meg but better and quicker.

16. Good feedback this on the FK2. I’ve been looking at the FK2&8 for a few weeks. I’ve had two drives in the FK8 and was almost going to buy but then I drove it on wet roads and felt it wasn’t as balanced as the Megane so didn’t go for it. The balance of the Megane chassis is hard to beat.

I think the FK2 is better looking than the FK8. Having said that the FK8 is much better in person than on photos. Especially in black. Looks really menancing and hides much of those black plastic parts.

I really need to find an fk2 to drive. But there aren’t many around.

How does steering feel compare between the fk2 and the Megane? It’s one of my favourite things about the Megane.

17. Where are you? I’m in Manchester. I have only been on one proper B road run so I can’t comment in the wet as it was bone dry when I took it out....still getting used to it. I agree the megane was ace in the wet and I felt after my 6 years in it I could drive it 10/10ths in dry and 9/10ths in wet it was that confidence inspiring so as I say I can’t comment on wet.....but it certainly spins more than the megane did in the dry. Im sure due to the extra power.

Steering wise it’s on par mate you turn in sharp and fast and it just goes around the bend....in a straight line moving wheel left to right it points so quickly. It steers on par easily to the meg if not better but before I get shot down I’ll be taking both my civic and mates standard 250 out some time next month to see how they really compare. One thing I loved about my meg was it felt light and nimble just like the civic does....in comparison to my track 197 tho nothing turns like that does.

18. I’m in Warrington mate, so pretty close by.

This is high praise mate for the FK2. Sounds like it’s a great car. It’s always a worry swapping from a car you love, so I’m glad it’s working out for you.

Any plans to modify the type R? There’s certainly a lot that can be done to it.

19. Glad you're enjoying it. I did have a brief go in an FK2 when they first came out and I liked it. The looks are a bit marmite, but they are great cars.

20. how did you find the damping?..I know some people have taking the drastic step of removing the active dampers because its so harsh.

21. Your more than welcome to have a go in it mate! No plans for it never do anything to my cars apart from better pads / fluid / hoses. The previous owner has already put some HEL hoses on it and he has some eibach lowering springs on it. I’ll be calling up to the TDI north place near you I think just see what they can do?!

Like you I really didn’t want to swap it at all as I loved everything about the meg and it’s handling / performance but have a little 9 month old now and we needed a bigger boot and found 5 door more convinient. Was gonna be a focus but the boot is smaller than a fiesta and that’s a fact!!!

The car is perfect in the normal mode but Jesus when you press the R button it’s stupidly harsh! I had a 182 trophy that was very harsh but this in R mode is pretty unbearable on the road. I would imagine on track it’s perfect!