Si's 225 Lux

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Si., May 25, 2015.

1. Si.

Si.

Having owned the 207 GTi for 5 years now i started looking about for a bit of a change, when i came across this megane. Before this i had already looked at a couple of 225's but just the normal non cup package, non lux megane and they didn't really take my fancy.

This came up on pistonheads and was a 3 hour trip away so we went to look at it. Took it for a drive and it drove 100% better than nay others i had looked at. Nice hard boosting engine, the cup pack gives you the brembo's and a lower firmer suspension setup which tranforms the car, It really surprised me how quick it actually is.

Lookign around the car it was pretty spotless, the only damage being a cracked case on the wing mirror. So a bit of haggling, some road tax thrown in we signed the paper work. After a two week wait i finally went to pick it up: :smile:

(Slightly squashed pcitures aha)

2j16h07.jpg

Anyway got it home.. and gave it a good clean. The previous owner had obviously had kids in it and a smoker. 3 hours of carpet scrubbing and roof scrubbing later it was spotless inside. So gave the outside a good go'ing over:

b4uemc.jpg

9a04sh.jpg

binh8z.jpg

Also fitted some anodized wheel bolts while i was at it:

1zyab1g.jpg

The car already has an induction kit, full miltek exhaust (with sports cat), carbon wrapped interior, Xenon headlights .

The future plans are:

Replace the already large intercooler with an uprated one
    Bigger Injectors (630's i believe after a quick bit of research?)
    R26 R rear spoiler
    New front splitter
    Red and black engine cover
    Maybe some carbon badges and door bullets
    Sort out a sticking door handle
    Stage 2/3 remap to hopefully see around the 290bhp mark (Car already had a dyno of 234bhp in its unmapped state)

2. Cracking. Welcome.

3. MBC

MBC

Looks very tidy mate ☺️ nice motor

4. Si.

Si.

And for anyone interested my previous 207 Gti (For sale at the moment)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Si.

Si.

Thanks Guys. It seems very tidy after a good clean! Just a few small bits to sort on it but its all under warranty :smiley:

6. Welcome to the club mate. Gorgeous looking car you have there. Look forward to seeing you put your own touches to it now.

7. Si.

Si.

Thanks Ste :smile: all will commence once the 207's gone :smiley: Want to get a set of standard injectors out the warranty company as it has the common lumpy idle and popping through the exhaust :/

8. Si.

Si.

So i may of neglected this thread a little bit. Had the car around 6 months now and now starting to enjoy it. Had a few issues in the first month or so of ownership:

*As above we discovered a snapped spring - this was replaced along with steering rack ends, track rod ends
    * It developed the lovely sound of Injector cough - new standard injectors were purchased and installed
    * The steering has started to not self centre - bought a spare set of hubs cheap to rebuild.
    *Snapped the handbrake cable - Oops!

Other than that i have started tidying up the bits it really didn't like about the car:

I started with the engine bay, really hated how the cover looked:
    2dbl313.jpg
    So decided to start on a black and red theme with the car :smile: :

2cna6v7.jpg

After looking at other people's engine bays i realised i was missing the 3 plastics. I managed to source these and paint the yellow plastics red:

c6ed4fa.jpg

Pretty happy with how it all looks in the bay for now :smiley:

Next up was to change the fogs back to standard one's, i decided to also use cree bulbs in the fogs to match the HID's already fitted:

[​IMG]

And fitted

[​IMG]

Also added the little flag decals at the same time:

[​IMG]

9. Si.

Si.

Next up was to sort out the horrific looking door handles:

[​IMG]

I settled on Nimbus grey from the clio's etc... Handles all stripped down along with some interior bits and being sprayed:

e9f030b.jpg

All fitted along with some interior bits in the same colour also (at this point my keyless had stopped working so replaced both sensors at the same time):

8f8c337.jpg

[​IMG]

Last big thing i did on my week off of work was to get the DA out to correct the state the paint was in. It still not perfect but a million times better:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty swirly :worried: :

[​IMG]

Wing after a couple of passes with Meguiars M105 and M205:

[​IMG]

It took around 2 days to get to where i was happy. We finished off with Dodo Juice Purple Haze:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got these to get fitted on the next dry day:

[​IMG]

And that's about where i am with the car at the moment. Over the next couple of months i will be refurbing the wheels and the brembo's. After which will be time for either cooksports or H&R's to be fitted along with my refurbed hubs

Hope you weren't too bored by this update! haha

10. Too work, looks ace

11. Si.

Si.

Cheers :smile: Its getting there..
    Handling.. then power next :smiley:

12. Looking good. Love seeing before and after shots.

13. Si.

Si.

I quite sad and like to keep photos to look back on hahaha

14. Same here, I've got countless amounts!

15. Si.

Si.

Its always nice :smile: they are building up of the meg

Got so many of my old 207 its unreal!

16. Si.

Si.

Few more small changes:

Badges on and fitted:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A a few photo's on our xmas eve drive:

ef666f3.jpg
    [​IMG]

Then after alot of cutting, some swearing and alot of blood i managed to get my xmas present in and fitted. Will be adding a reverse camera and Google Chromecast fairly soon
    [​IMG]

17. Nice work! I have the same car as you, being a 07 225 lux with extreme pack in the same colour, but the 5 door version!

Funnily enough I also had the injector issue within weeks of buying the car!

Just need to get my paint up to the same standard as yours now..

18. Looks nice mate reminds me of mine a bit but mines 5 door

19. Lovely looking car. The french flag colours look ace on black cars

20. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Reallllly impressed with the commitment there. Cup spoiler and she'd be done in my eyes. Keep up the good work.

21. Si.

Si.

Cheers guys! R26 spoiler will be added along with some springs and a quick paint of the wheels and il be happy with the outside :smiley:

Another little update.. Added a Double Din in over christmas..took a fair bit of cutting and trimming to get it sitting correct!

[​IMG]

Then i put a drunken 99p bit on a reversing camera and won so added that with a bit of advice from Lee boardman :smiley:

So it sits just above the reg plate (bit fiddly getting all the cables etc.. in but got there in the end!

12b48aa.jpg

And a little video:
    https://vid.me/fa7Z

Also a little video of the exhaust :smiley: really want a decat in the coming months :smiley:

https://vid.me/qRPu

Not overly sure how to embed the video so hopefully that will work :smiley:

22. Si.

Si.

So another small update. Not really had the chance to use the car recently with being stuck slaving at work

Since buying the car, after being parked up for a few days the inside had a disgusting odour to it. After a bit of sniffing around we discovered the carpet was the source. It also had a nice big whole in the drivers footwell.

Luckily an R26 came up for breaking really close by so went and raided this for some bits and bobs. I came away with an entore interior carpet, new passenger arch liner (mine was smashed to pieces) some front mudflaps and a nice set of cooksport springs so not a bad little raid haha.

Last weekend we set about fitting the carpet, turned out to be a simple little job:

All stripped out - we noticed some mould on the foam underneath so sprayed it with some mould killing spray and then some oust
    [​IMG]

and the new carpet in :smile:.. this carpet was a much nicer colour than the one fitted before which was a bonus :smile:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mudflaps and arch liner are all in and fitted and the cars finally starting to look really tidy at last.

Its currently at a friends garage having the springs fitted so will update with some pictures when it returns

23. Si.

Si.

Cars now back with some powerflex bushes and the cooksports on... and WOW! it feels like a totally different car! Well happy how it feels now

Will get some pictures over the weekend but it also look loads better imo [​IMG]:smile:

24. Nice car. Don't suppose you raided the handbrake or gear knob did you?

25. Si.

Si.

Cheers mate. Afraid not.. if your on facebook drop him a message. Chap called Nick Benton (he may also be on here). Sure he most likely has them still

26. Did ou have trouble with the din surround not fitting properly?

27. Si.

Si.

Took alot of trimming and fettling to get it to sit correct but fits pretty well now :smile:

28. Did you trim the surround aswell as the facia surround?

29. Si.

Si.

Trimmed the actual dash trim in the car.. just little bits at a time

30. Si.

Si.

So clocked up a few miles over the weekend with the cooksports on.. and wow! It really is a totally different car.

Couple of pics finally.. been to busty driving to clean it! Also my mates new toy.. but couldn't keep with the meg is the twisties :smiley:

97abc8d.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    f5d37f5.jpg

L-1011 likes this.
  31. Si.

Si.

So not really updated this for awhile. Had it all serviced etc.. a few weeks back and running like a dream

My wheels had be very badly refurbed by the previous owner/garage it came from and the lacquer was peeling on all the wheels. To top it off we discovered they were painted with the centre caps in place (Annoying!)

I also caught one fairly badly on a curb!

So this past week i have started to refurb them myself:

Got them off the car and the car onto stands in a very very tight space!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the damaged alloy before i started on it:

[​IMG]

I flattened the wheel back to bare metal and then flattened off the damage using a file and sand paper

[​IMG]

Then added and sanded back the smallest amount of filler i could get away with:

[​IMG]

Then after some time spent with some filler primer and alot of sanding the damage is almost invisible:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have started to prepare the other 3 alloys,none of these were damaged but the paint on them was peeling and flaking. So after alot of snading i have got them to a nice smooth stage ready to primer:

[​IMG]

Next weekend i will crack on with the primer and then get the paint matched and get them finished :smiley:

Had a bit of a run in with a Rabbit since the last update now. It wiped out the lower grill and a fog light, caused some piant damage to the upper part of the bumber. Looks like a reps ray will be on the cards! Luckily manages to replace the fog and grille :smiley:

Also a couple of pics from a mates wedding a few weeks back :smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. :smile:Looks ace your car.
    Great start to sorting out your damaged wheel,some good work with the filler there.
    Keep up with the updates buddy.

33. Nice car mate! Great work

34. Si.

Si.

Cheers guys. It's been a bit more work over the last year than I thought. Mechanically it just needs the hub bearings doing now really

Externally I now have to get the front painted thanks to that stupid rabbit! Haha

35. Si.

Si.

So finally got the wheels all finished and some more pictures along the way:

All nice and smooth wit the filler primer:

[​IMG]

Then onto the normal primer:

[​IMG]

Gave this a good flat back to make sure all was smooth and ready for paint

This was after 3 coats of paint and 3 lacquer:

[​IMG]

I wanted a nice metallic colour that wasn't far off the colour they were before. Took a gamble on Ford Graphite grey metallic and was pretty happy with the outcome

And after a couple of days to harden off:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reassembled the centre caps and popped them back on the car, then left the car in the garage a few days to allow them to harden a little more:

[​IMG]

While it was sat in the garage i thought i would tackle my door bullets, been thinking of doing these for awhile.

Came up with the idea of doing them the same colour as the wheel with red writing:

Sanded the rust dots off and got them primed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All painted in Ford graphite grey. I painted the writing by hand for now but will more than likely redo this part later on:

[​IMG]

Also someone tried breaking into the car and damaged part of the door and the seal. Stripped the old seal off and was greated by this:

[​IMG]

Set to work with a tiny hammer straightening it all out and putting the new seal on, its still slightly raised but works as it should:

[​IMG]

Then after all of this gave it a proper clean :smiley: and is all back on the road now! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

36. Done yourself well proud with those wheels mate.
    A real labour of love and saved yourself a few pennies by doing them yourself.
    I like your side bullets and that you painted the writing the same colour as your nails at the weekend.Lol.
    But seriously nice mate.:hearteyes:

37. Si.

Si.

Cheers mate! Yea saved a fair few quid and like the idea of doing it myself

Damn how did you know about the nails! Haa

38. Si.

Si.

So not had many updates for a long old while now. Cars not really been used and just parked up in the garage

Have been collecting this little lot over the last month to rebuild the front end:

• R26 Shocks
    • Espace balljoints
    • Powerflex black series front arm bushes
    • Powerflex purple rear arm bushes
    • Powerflex ARB bushes
    • Hub Bearings
    • Drop Links
    • Torque Links
    67t9qu.jpg

Hopefully this will all be on and fitted along with full alignment this weekend :smiley:

Did take it for an outing before taking it off the road the other weekend so just a few pics from not so sunny Cornwall

i76a12.jpg

28c25v6.jpg

2w3tfte.jpg

And an accidental tripod :smiley: :

4kgoib.jpg

39. Si.

Si.

So all the above is on and fitted, with a few issues along the way. The drivers side top hub bearing was ruined so a spare hub was fitted with new bearing.

A few pictures:

The old bearings were destroyed:

mn33p.jpg

And some nice new parts:

Powerflex rear bushes fitted:

10h35o3.jpg

and the fronts:

t6feaa.jpg

and some nice new R26 shocks with new droplinks:

2ptnitl.jpg

The car now drives like a totally different car, everything is so tight

40. Si.

Si.

Not updated on here for awhile and seems half the pictures have vanished

The car has barely been used, clocking only 3k between MOT's, i have had a spare set of wheels for awhile and decided to try them in Renault Capsicum Red. Bought some paint and gave them a go myself, the finish isnt great so will be redoing them now i have decided i like them:

mucqp2.jpg
    2zy8x2g.jpg
    eb26w7.jpg

I have also played around tinting the side indicators and will probably try the headlights soon to see if i like it with a very light smoke

Also fitted a cheapy ebay Rhino lip splitter to the front as the standard one was pretty rough and a new reverse camera in a registartion plate surround to tidy that up. Upgraded the discs and pads to Performance Frixtion Z rated and Brembo HC discs up front

While changing the wheels i noticed this, a nice snapped Cooksport spring :worried: :

16gblep.jpg

Now Cooksport are out of stock and with having track time booked at Trax this year i have just ordered a set of Grams springs from Kam Racing which will be here Monday. looking forward to trying these out as reviews are great!