Sponsored By:  

Silverstone GP Circuit 2nd Oct open pit lane track day

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by Cazper, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Anyone going....im booked in already

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Be at Spa unfortunately

3. Got a link? I could be tempted although I don't think Silverstone will play to the Megs strengths.

4. Go to trackdays .co .UK. All the options are there. I took my Porsche round the gp circuit last year.....it is a mega track and really enjoyed it. There will of course be the juggernaughts with race cars in the back and snapon tool chests and rows of tyres in tyrewarmers. But I will be prepared with my flask butty box footpump and plastic tool box and halfords socket set. I will have just as much fun or more when i pass some of them....hopefully

ianplymouth likes this.
  5. I used to use the Trackdays website until I tried to cancel a Trackday I had booked through them, it was over a month to go and they flat out refused.....company policy.
    I use the open track site now which directs you to the company organising the event so you can book it direct, at least you have a chance to cancel if need be or rebook another date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. I've done Silverstone GP in my Megane and loved it, it's quick enough in the corners to keep up with most things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Useful to know thanks

8. I did this back in February, great track but i had the wrong tyres on, still able to hassle cars a lot faster and more expensive.

Cazper likes this.
  9. I have a set or ar1s r88rs and rainsport 3s so hopefully covered for all weather.

10. I am running 595 rsr's and rainsports just in case :laughing:

11. anyone else booked this up? I know of one other from here going but not sure who else is going. hopefully the weather will be kind.

12. What do you think of the AR1's ?????
    Been looking at them but i can have 2 sets of 595's for there price

13. really like them, quite similar to the R888Rs in terms of performance. never used 595's but i know of some people who slate them, but i know what you mean...2x amount of tyres for the same money. I have also purchased a set of ad08rs to see how they fare. my Khumo V70a on the rear work really well but are quite pricey, but trackdays/tyre they are good value. med compound for rears
    upload_2017-9-15_0-21-20.png

14. How are they holding up ???
    How many trackdays have you done on them and what do see you have left in them

15. I have used around 4 sets of aR1s and 3 sets of R888s and r888rs. on the clio I would get 2 trackdays out of the fronts, on the megane i seem to be doing better. They will wear a lot quicker than your 595s i would think.
    my tyres i have just taken off the megane front were r888rs and were shagged after 3 trackdays i think. I dont keep a good tally as wait until they go off or no tread left then stick on a new set part way through the day

16. Ahh okay, i think at the moment i will stick to the 595's i like them and seem to last quite well and being 255's they wear evenly

17. A set of AR1's is £858 :cry::cry::cry:

18. I have massive camber on the front that helped take the tyres out a bit quicker i suspect..i will get that reduced slightly for next fridays abingdon day

19. upload_2017-9-15_0-46-48.png

20. i get all mine off ebay which is usually jjs i think, very fast delivery

21. I need 255 35 18's :dizzy:

22. upload_2017-9-15_0-59-57.png

23. a bit more expensive in that size matey, in the clio they were 340 when they first came out for 4, i started using them when they were released

24. makes a change not having the knobend jumping on the thread telling us we are doing it all wrong and buying the wrong tyres and the mods on our cars are useless and we are a bunch of paddock posers ha ha lol

25. Maybe next year, i need fuel money now going to be using a fair amount of it in the next 3 weeks :dizzy:

Cazper likes this.
  26. It is good again now, i see his posts and couldn't be arsed to read so ended up missing stuff

27. I have some part worn R888s i might put up for sale...too lazy to put them back onto wheels

28. Are they 225's ??? and how much left on them

29. yep, a minority of people might be sad to see him go but not met anyone who has a good word to say about him so probably a very small minority if any at all. I will probably have to upgrade the trailer to a wider one next year if i switch out the car, should sell quickly as people always comment on it

30. not sure dark and wet out there at the moment will have a look tomorrow, 4 of them, and were new earlier this year and are 225 40 18, tyres only

31. i might take them off your hands, just to see the difference, give you a shout later, i have an early start so need some zzzzzz

32. oky doky nite...we are the last two on here ha ha

33. Weather was great. Track was dry and superb. Really enjoyable day. Lots of Porsche GT3s and GT3RS's there. A big meet of skyline GTR's some caterhams lotuss and two megs.
    Did 308 miles round the circuit which is around 85 laps I think.
    Car survived although I came in with smoking front brakes after one session. Car was more economical and gave 10mpg. Will post some pics and a vid

34. NJH

NJH

Doesn't surprise me on the brakes, probably the hardest track I have driven on brakes. Proves you were trying.