Search for a mk2 rear pipe - group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Gavin., Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457557621.454272.jpg
    This is what I've got!

2. I plan on getting the same one!

3. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

RS-Racing mk2 rear pipe group buy

These are to fit a standard exhaust so 2.5", the can be modified to fit a 3" or a 2.75" if requested. Tip are 3".

4. How hard is that? Honestly thought it would replace the whole back section lol

5. RS-Racing mk2 rear pipe group buy

The original exhaust is one piece from the front. Any replacement sections need cutting out (at the right point) and new sections slipping over the straight pipe. This is what you would do if a back box failed and you wanted to put a pattern back box on rather than the one piece from Renault.

The above tool makes life easy because you can quickly and easily access the exhaust in situ to cut it square without angle grinders or hacksaws. Both of which you'd have to drop the exhaust away from the axle to use.

Or take the car and new piece to an exhaust fitter and get them to do it, probably cheaper than the tool (if you bought a quality item, although you could get away with a £8 cheaponeapo one!)

6. Can I add my name to the list please, mk 2, standard pipes. Thanks

7. Hello Gavin, I read that we're almost to the purchase of the RS MK2 RACING REAR PIPE group. When everything is decided me know the final cost including shipping in Italy. Importantly, the outer diameter of my muffler is 65mm.
    Hello and thanks.

8. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

that's a very good price including delivery - lost my job but Ill do my best to still be involved! would be very annoying to miss out!

9. really stuck between getting this done or a mid box chop

10. Please can i ask, would you use exhaust gum with the connecting piece or I'd it literally slip over both parts and tighten clamps? Thanks

11. Hi Gavin, just wanted to check if I'm OK to be added to the list? Mk2, standard tips. Thanks

12. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

You have been already mate, first page.

Think I'm going to pull out myself, I'm thinking of selling up, ready for a change.

13. Wow that's a big change in direction... What you thinking of next?

14. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Not sure yet, just loosing love with it recently. Ready for a change of brand I think, no doubt i'll be back mind :wink:

15. Hey Gav, think I'm gonna pull out too, waited too long and I've got an evo 9 project I'm trying to get finished, I'm out fella, cheers for all your effort though...:smile:

16. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Removed, no worries.

17. Thanks mate.

18. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

im hoping to have a new job very soon so all being well ill be back in

19. So, what's the final price for this?

20. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

21. Cheers Gavin.

22. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

No worries mate

23. I still want one of these...

24. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Anyone that is still 100% in let us know in here, I'm marking people green on the first page.

I'll catch up with it over the weekend, I'm away down south at the minute.

25. I'm still 100% in, mk2 standard tips. Thanks

26. Im still 100%

27. I'm still in

28. I'm 100% in, non titanium tips.

29. caymanr26

caymanr26 Events Liason

Im back in - found a new job!

So do we know whats happening - are we meant to make payment now?

30. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Your guess is as good at mine lol.

I'll update later on

31. Zzzzzzzz

32. Still interested, any ideas on timeframes?

33. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Lol, seriously no idea. I've decided I'm keeping mine so I'm back in too but this is a slooooow process

34. NJH

NJH

Well I am not bothering any more Gavin, decided to keep my car fairly standard now I am used to the RS Tuning stage 1 and Cooksport springs. In fact I am going the other way and looking for lux rear interior set. Take me off the list. Cheers, Neil.

35. When were you selling it? I missed that ten seconds of madness

36. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

I was having a moment, i was sick of it always having something wrong but with what i've spent it would be madness selling it on.

37. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Unfortunately I think the time is almost here to knock this on the head lads, such a shame as he does some good stuff, but what good is a trader if he can't come up with what he's offering.

I messaged him yesterday and he's not replied, i'll give him another day or two to get back to me and that will also give everyone a chance to see this post, then i'll remove the posts and trader section.

:worried:

38. That's disappointing.

As you say though they can't be of a trader if they can't produce info.

39. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Nope, such a shame, i was really hoping it would work out.

40. Its a shame. They are so much more expensive on his website. Is there anyone else that can make a box less rear pipe for us all?

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.