RS350 Progress

Discussion in 'Megane Projects' started by Mark_RS, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Do you have actual proof of this though? There is a greater volume of air coming in, 100% and yes the lack of top plate will let the air find the path of least resistance which is over the rad and the engine bay and out the back..that's still a lot more air flowing through and cooling than before :smile: In truth, I'll try both with and without a top plate.

PahLok and DOOOOK like this.
  2. The design is a stroke of my own genius entirely....absolutely nobody at all sent me an email with an awesome design on it all finished and looking sexy.

:smiley:

3. I personally think it looks `chavy`, please dont be offended.

4. It's fine, we aren't all blessed with superior levels of taste and style. I ofcourse am, so I think it looks proper good innit.

5. The `chavy ` aspect is the bumper cutouts, the rest of the car looks fine. How do you find the mirrors? Are they usable?

6. Mirrors are just about functional, not great to be honest!

7. Think i did catch a glimpse of Dook`s on a picture he posted & it didn`t look great for vision.

8. At first I couldn't see anything out of them but then I got used to them and they do enough of a job. For reverse parking I turn my head and use the camera. On the track I mostly use them to see cars disappear after I overtake them, ha ha...

T&biskits and Mark_RS like this.
  9. It's great when you're fast :smile: I might remove mine all together haha.

10. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I can almost guarantee it will be better with it, there's a reason every single serious track/race car etc has ducting for the rad packs etc. It may still work as it is now but it'll be a hell of a lot better with it back on, I had to run without the two bottom undertraya for a while and there was a definite increase in Temps, the air needs forced through the rad and coolers to be efficient

R26R Black/Red likes this.
  11. I'll hack the top cover today to remove the structure beneath it. I still have no undertrays. The Flow V1 is deep enough to cover the IC/rad area so I'm all good there.

12. Can you please explain the ducting? Have you got a link/picture/supplier please?

13. Basically its about making the cooler more efficient. You would fit some kind of structure on the front that guides in to the face of the cooler, on a radiator, you could fit a shoebox lid style structure the rear of the face where the fans are mounts to make them more efficient. Loads of options online if you do a search. What we're talking about here though is the slam panel at the front of the car and how useful it is.

14. Outside is now 'done' apart from a trip to the bodyshop this week.

Canards from an s15 and rear wing from a Clio Cup.

IMG_20180624_111659_938.jpg
    IMG_20180624_111659_947.jpg

15. You got a picture from the back so we can see the new spoiler

Mikeyjp likes this.
  16. IMG_20180624_182249_974.jpg

Cazper and Jonny157 like this.
  17. That certainly looks different. You went to all that trouble of making your car lighter and you've stuck an extra spoiler on it haha

18. All about trying different things Danny! Ah you see, it's a bit of weight over the rear :smile: but it's only 1.175kg!

Pyper likes this.
  19. Last shots before the bodyshop yesterday..now in a Clio 1.2 haha.

IMG_20180627_233140_346.jpg
    20180626_190915.jpg

Gavin., Big Uno and Jonny157 like this.
  20. Getting all the grey bits sprayed up ? Looks great as it is by the way [emoji1303]

21. Thanks, that's the plan yes...hoping they can tidy the door fitment up a bit though, it's not perfect.

22. I think it would look better if you sprayed the doors and boot

23. Yup, in the bodyshop at this very moment for that job!

24. Any more pics?

25. Just caught up with the whole thread, great looking car, by far the meanest Megane I’ve ever seen:sunglasses:

26. Following the project on Instagram. Great!

27. Awesome !!

28. Thanks guys, instagram is the best place for me I think. :smile:

29. Looks awesome bud

30. Looks lush!! Any pic's of it painted??

31. Looking back and wondering why is the bonnet vent on the right side?
    Maybe if you put it on the left side and made an airbox in the place where the battery was?
    I was thinking about doing that.
    Relocate the battery in the boot and make some custom air intake/airbox on my 265.
    BTW: loving the mods. :sunglasses:

EDIT: how much were the vents from RK Designs and how long did it take for them to come?

32. The NACA duct directs air flow to the turbo.

33. Thought so.
    But this (only) cools the exhaust (hot)side of the turbo if I got it right.

I was thinking of relocating the battery in the booth where the spare tire is and make an airbox that would feed directly from the hood scoop (duct).

Waiting for a friend that makes boats to take a look what and how can it be done best. I believe that option would have the smallest heat soak.

Currently I have the KTR intake which sits close to the exhaust manifold and I don't like it (got it with the car), ITG is much better option.

34. Has no one fitted vents to both sides?

35. Would love that spoiler or the mini gp spoiler on my r26... Only for show mind lol

Just thinking of something different than the r26r spoiler, realistically though I'll end up with the latter [emoji23]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk