RS250 from Adelaide, Australia

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Doge, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Hi all! Greetings from South Australia.

Here's my 250, a December 2010 build Extreme Blue Cup. Bar a recent limited run of non-Cup 265s, every 250 and 265 imported so far has been a Cup chassis - Renault Australia just hasn't offered the non-Cup models here.

Options included leather Recaros, parking sensors all round, xenons, Arkamys stereo etc.

Here she is when I bought her from the first owner, had only done 8,500km at the time -

IMG_4470CR2-001.jpg

Then came the switch to 19x8" TSW Nurburgrings (+45 offset) -

IMG_5508.jpg

Then the not-quite-good-enough stereo got pulled out and the whole lot was replaced.
    Alpine headunit, Focal speakers, Rockford Fosgate amps, Pioneer sub and sound deadening.

_MG_7923.jpg

Then the 19x8s went, and were replaced with the TSW Interlagos in 18x9" (+63 offset) wearing 245/40R18 rubber.

[​IMG]

Lastly, there's the Injen V2 intake.

_MG_9834.jpg

Still to come - fit the Eibachs I have lying around, Vibratech torque link, stage 1 tune, exhaust mods.

2. Welcome. There is another Megane from Australia. They become popular over there.

3. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Lovely looking RS! Love that blue, welcome to the club :smile:

4. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Welcome.

I love that colour. Proper jealous.

5. Thanks all!
    Yep, there's a fair number of them around! There's a sport yellow 250 and a liquid yellow RS265 in my neighbourhood.

I'm not sure whether to be happy it was discontinued or not... :smiley: / :worried:

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lovely car, Im in the process of getting some Nurburgrings imported in 18" flavour as track wheels

7. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

Welcome to the Forum!

One of my friends lives in Adelaide, I'll tell him to keep an eye out for you :wink:

8. Cool, what do they drive?
    Great rims in terms of price, weight and semi-forged construction. Paint finish is rubbish though.

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not that fussed on finished as they are track wheels and will be getting re done in Red anyway

10. Yeah I'm looking to change mine to gunmetal grey or white.