RS Megane 225 as a commuter?

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Skeeter, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Don't get me wrong, with a heavy boot and a bit of traffic it's quite easy to drop below 20mpg

2. Try 5 This things gonna pay for itself inside 18 months.

3. I was seeing something similar on a restricted (50mph) part of the M25 at the weekend. Sat at a steady 50 and got nearly 50mpg out of my re-mapped 225.

Sadly, most of the time, when you're on boost properly 70-80mph it dips down to 34mpg-ish. Round town though it's actually no worse than my cammed 172 was but that would hit 45mpg more easily on a steady run.

I used my 225 Trophy as my daily car but I will admit to not using it mid week other than two evenings and at the weekend. I commute by bus/train to work so still don't do many miles in it.

4. I daily mine. 21.8mpg before, reset a few weeks ago and now upto 22.8!

5. Is that purely town driving or a heavy right foot?

I do recall seeing someone on MeganeSport.net who had done a track day and had theirs showing 4mpg.

6. I commute in mine. I'd go as far as to say it's good on fuel when cruising, you plant your foot though and you can see the mpg counting down.

7. Yeah that's the depressing bit, you hit boost and watch that MPG dip.

Still it's worth it!! :smile:

8. I averaged around 25 on the school run in stop start traffic travelling around 14 miles, would get 31 on the motorway in my stage 2 megane, that was with a faulty thermostat!, now 33 on the school run and averaged 44 on 100 mile run to Blackpool and back, revs higher now too:cool: