Rs 250 lightweight smf

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Jez3062, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Evening all. Just ordered a lightweight smf and clutch kit from engine dynamics as my dmf turned out to have too much play in It and Renault charge an arm and a leg for a new one!

I've had SMF set ups on previous cars and they'e varied in noise, stiffness etc. Just wondering what people's experiences are with a lightweight smf set up on the mk3 meg?

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Personally id cancel the order mate, The SMF kits for the MK3 are terrible, Constantly sound broken and put extra strain ont he input shaft benign which then leads to them failing. I hate mine with a passion but im too tight to change it until the next time the clutch gets done. Ill be doing a proper two plate setup next and binning the SMF

3. Thanks for the advice Jamie. The DMF isnt readily available and Renault want 660 for it. My garage said they could get a reconditioned one for 300 but don't fancy running the risk of a recon one.
    The Lightweight SMF is available and costs 350. Unfortunately funds aren't readily available for a two plate set up yet as I'm getting married next month!

4. I have a dmf flywhee,l it came off of a 250 with 32k on the clock

5. Put the billet SMF and clutch in from Engine Dynamics and it failed after 4000 miles costing me another £1500. Running more than standard power but most people think the OEM clutch should be able to handle the power I'm putting through it easily.

Agree with Jamie, cancel the order.

6. PS LUK now do OEM DMF and OEM clutch, around £7-800 for the pair.

7. Thanks for the replies guys. Going to have a look at my options and go from there!