Sponsored By:  

Rockingham Sat Nov 11....

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by eddie ninja, Oct 24, 2017.

1. .... courtesy of a mortgage arrears charge refund and me not having to shell out on abs/esp repairs.
    Anyone fancy it?

2. Rockingham -------- not a chance :rage:

3. I'll pencil it in, assuming I don't complete my house purchase and end up moving over that weekend! Would be good to break the new gearbox in before the winter. Quite like the Rockingham International layout - you'll spend most of the day trying to work out if turn 1 really is flat out or not!

4. Do tell.

5. I've done it once (twice?) on a bike.
    Would've preferred Bedford but nothing doing when I'm available.
    But like it as a track plus in a car it's all new(ish) innit.
    Hope you can make it.

6. went there with the wife to try and get her involved (driving her own car) did a taster session in the lunch break, it wasn't raining but was damp, she did 2 laps and then bailed out, i took over did the rest of session, had the traction control and abs light on for over 90% of the lap, only when i got into 4th down the main straight the light went out, then straight back on for braking into the hairpin.
    Ohh and i was driving a Fiat Stilo abarth semi auto, 170 hp and new tyres, it was so slippery i think i would prefer the ring when it's raining.
    it was like roller skating on an ice-rink, unless they can guarantee it's going to be dry it's a no no.............................enjoy :openmouth:

eddie ninja likes this.
  7. I did it damp then in rain on my zx6r. Traction control? ABS?? What are they? I am almost hoping it pisses it down so I can be all nice and dry in my car while gently aqua-planning onto the grass. ;-)

8. Well that was fun. Morning session with very damp and cold track. Have discovered Ns2r's really don't do wet with cold. Sliding on nearly every big corner and giggling like a school girl every time.
    The novelty was wearing off eventually but by then the track was drying.