R26 Ride height on coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Cazper, Aug 25, 2017.

1. On my R26 it has BC coilovers and the height is adjustable. I am trying to gauge what height people find best for Track work? where so people measure the ride height from....is it distance of wing above top of wheel or wing to centre of wheel. I think mine is set up quite well but wanted to check what others have done and how they find it.
    considerations for me are not going too low as makes getting on and off the trailer a bit of a scraping experience. I will post a couple of pics showing what i am currently sitting at

2. Did BC not give you a recomended minimum and maximum height settings for the coilover unit itself? May be worth asking them if they do have that figure somewhere as it gives you a window to work in that suits the damper itself. Just remember after a certain point, the lower you go, all you improve is top speed, but will introduce more roll.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Ride heights should only be set to achieve a bigger aim and that's an overall balance and compliance.

If you just want to achieve a look then just crank them as required. Look good in the paddock.

If you want a decent set up track car then you have to corner weight the car and adjust the platforms to achieve, within the limits available, the best balanced car wet and with you as the driver in the seat. Only way you will do that is forget the 'look' get it on the scales with someone who knows what they are doing and slowly tweak the platform heights to achieve what you want. What should you go for? Chat it through, but you can play tunes with trying to achieve a decent cross ratio or look to go for a balanced fronts across the axles to give you a stable front under braking.

For racing those variables and choices often depend on what you are driving and what you want to achieve. Some non ABS equipped cars prefer a balanced front because the lap advantage comes in the braking zone not down the straights. Just an example.

4. Aerofoil.....please don't waste your time or mine by replying to any of my threads...I have no interest in anything you have to say because as far as I can work out you have no real world experience or even a Renault Megane. I would rather get feedback from people with the cars themselves who have something positive to contribute
    Thankyou

ianplymouth likes this.
  5. Fantastic
    that guide is really useful and gives me a starting point to check the setup...As I did not fit them then I am working off settings from the previous owner which I am sure are really good but would be good to compare against the findings of others, many thanks

6. Yes good point, I will contact them and ask...thanks

7. As you wish. That's the best advice you have had so far. You just don't realise it yet.

8. Just go away, I am not interested, I think your post inter-dispersed with a load of boxxox as usual, "looking good in the paddock", "for the look"...jesus what a plonker, makes me laugh. "depending on what you are driving"....an R26 believe it or not...on the track! Now go away and don't litter my thread with your Googling nonsense

9. Click his username, click Ignore, job done. The only way I'm aware of his presence these days is when someone posts something along the lines of "oh shut up, nobody cares, go and buy a car" which instantly leads me to the conclusion "ah, aerofoil has arrived".

ultralight and Cazper like this.
  10. LOL like it. Must remember to take my tape measure to Thuxton to measure up on any meganes with coilovers.

just checked my set up and running -2degrees and -5 mins each side, so spot on currently

11. I still owe Esslll several cold beverages of choice for this tip.

essIII and Cazper like this.
  12. he might end up with kidney problems if we all do that....haha

essIII likes this.