Respray north west

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by sen, Nov 5, 2017.

1. sen

sen

I’m at a bit of a crossroads with the car.

I need some work doing on the arches and boot lid, there’s a bit of rust and the whole car could do with a respray really.
    Engine wise I think it’s fine. I’ve owned it 2 years and there has been issues but never broken down and nothing engine wise has gone wrong. Mileage is 74k.

I’m not sure if I should spend a few grand getting the body work sorted or putting a few grand down as a deposit and buying something newer. It would have to be another Megane, around 2011 ish, age wise so around £11,000 ish. I’m just not sure I want the debt plus there’s no guarantees I’d get something that wasn’t gonna give me troubles all the time.

Does anyone know of anyone decent in the north west I could get a quote from for a respray? I’m in Accrington. Getting a price would probably help with my decision but obviously I wanna go to someone who’s tried and tested.

2. Hi mate

I had my 225 Trophy painted by these guys
    www.spautomotive.co.uk
    There based is Tattenhall on the outskirts of Chester. Ryan, the owner is top notch with a spray gun.

I paid £1800 for mine to be painted but I did strip down the majority of the car like removing doors, trims, bumpers, lights, bonnet and tailgate etc
    Left the glass in as the cost of removing it and re fitting it was colossal.

Check out the Facebook page as they have plenty of project pics on there.

SP AUTOMOTIVE

3. Was going to say... You'll be looking at around £2k easy for a full respray.

Trophyboy likes this.
  4. sen

sen

Yeah I need some work doing on the arches and boot lid too so was thinking 3000+ but I’d rather do that than use that money to put down on a car and have to finance the rest. The engine and gear box seem fine on mine so I wanna keep it. I could buy something for 11,000 or whatever and have more troubles than I do with this.

5. What's up with the bootlid??
    Could be more cost effective to buy a good 2nd hand one if your having the car painted.

If your budget is 3k then that could be a drive in/drive out job a probably have the wheels done too :sunglasses:

6. sen

sen

Rusting a bit along the top. I don’t really want to spend more than 5 on it. Only recently got new wheels, That’s why I don’t want to get rid. Wheels are new, dump valve and induction kit, decat pipe came last week and is booked in for fitting and remap next week plus Ive only recently changed all the speakers and got a new stereo. I love the car. My wife hates it!

7. sen

sen

When it’s clean it looks sweet. Just close up there’s a few bits that really annoy me.

Attached Files:

8. I own a body shop Cost of a full repaint ,glass out normally around the £3k +vat mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trophyboy likes this.
  9. sen

sen

Don’t suppose you’re anywhere near Manchester?

10. I would sell it and buy another Meg, you are never going to see that 3k back, its just like burning money, and you should get a 2011 Meg for less than 11k now, they dropped price quite a bit in the last 6 months

11. No sorry ,south west Somerset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. sen

sen

Going to look at a 2011 one next weekend. 11,250 but only 24,000 miles. Timing belt done this year.

13. I've never been more unimpressed with a paint job than from here

Took my 197 bumper here, wasn't cheap but heard good reviews. I'd stripped it all down so all grills out, just the bumper skin to do in glacier white. Found hairs and finger prints in it.

Distinctly unimpressed

Trophyboy and sen like this.
  14. Jesus sorry to hear that Gaz

I must have been lucky as i watched Ryan paint it through the window and I went over it with a fine toothcombe for an hour before handing the money over and couldnt find a thing and im super OCD on paintwork lol.... even took my paint depth gauge to make sure haha

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'd of expected it to be a decent job if you were stood watching tbh LOL

Trophyboy likes this.
  16. Buy another Megane the same for 3k, keep your Megane for spares when it does go wrong.

You'll never see that money back from the respray.