275 Replacement Pads - Brembo or Ferodo ?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by RobbieR, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Hey Guys, I need to replace my OEM Pads on a 275 Cup.

I’m leaving OEM rotors in as car only done 16,000kms.

What pads do I buy?
    Looking at the back of the pads on their now.. the shim/backplate is Ferodo Stamped, but the pad has Brembo and Renault white lettering.

Pics below;
    Rear; a7c6c646d7b10199f020fd701516459d.jpg

Front; (has marking 589 and number 07.871xxx as much as I can read)
    0ad43f4f4186a8dc4611b48932e1e6cb.jpg

So do I get Brembo replacement pads?
    I assume same material and a LOT cheaper then what Renault want for new pads - as I’m just swapping the pads out, not machining the rotors want to make sure correct material. Or do get some Ferodo Pad? No idea on part?

Brembo replacement pad numbers;
    Front : P54039
    Rear : P85017

Any comments before I purchase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. If your happy with your current brakepads and dont at any point get brake fade then just continue using the oem stuff.

And if you arent happy just go for some ferodo ds2500s,they are kick ass compared to stock brake pads but wont cost as much as a full on brakepad

timbo likes this.
  3. I use my Meg at the track very regularly and have no problems with OEM pads and hi temp fluid.

I’m just wanting to confirm Brembo pads for the Megane (not Renault Dealer pads) are the same.

Buying Brembo pads are 1/3 the cost of what the dealer sells them for so very keen to go Brembo dealer option not Renault dealer. Just confused if OEM pads are Ferodo or Brembo after looking at those shims

4. Standard genuine pads are made by ferodo, i binned the standards off as one of the rear pads compound disappeared of the back plate, and front squeeked all the while, used brembo’s own oem spec stuff, no squeeking, cant really fault them for oem stuff, but there no performance pad.

5. Wow, well I’ve owned from new for a bit over a year and completed 11 track days with no brake dramas?

I can’t fault the standard pads and performance is a plenty if you regulate the brakes.

I’ll just go the OEM Brembo pad, assuming it will be same material and a lot cheaper then buying from Renault Dealer.

6. if it was me, performance friction z rated all the way about £115 posted

BIG E, James275 and grantw like this.
  7. I’m a big +1 on Ferodo DS2500s...especially for track days...provided you bed them in carefully per the instructions. I’d probably also have the rotors skimmed and fully flush the fluid using either Motul 660 or Castrol Reactive fluid. Then, IME, you’ll have pretty much fault-free brakes that can handle quite a few track days.

8. Well I’m already using 660, and I do know there is benefit with higher temp pads but I haven’t had any issues on the stock pads so far at track.

Anyway I’m gonna go with Brembo OEM spec pads. Cheapest and easiest option until 2 Piece rotors change.

9. or.....explore the world of aftermarket pads and discover how 'very average' the factory stuff is. Ferodo DS 1.11 or PFC Z up front and milder DS 2500 rear

10. Yeah I’ve run high performance pads in other cars previously, I know what you’re saying. My plan is to switch to the PFC 2 Piece rotors and appropriate pads later on prior to doing Bathurst weekend. But I’ll go the cheap option for now.

Plus I still managed to the be 3rd fastest Megane at the Australian Renault event [emoji57] even on stock pads

11. could upgrade to your pad of choice now and still run them on the 2 piece rotors later, would be good info trying same pads on different disc's.

RobbieR likes this.
  12. +1

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

13. + 2
    From Alyn at AS Performance..