Renault Sport Megane 225/R26 & Clio 197/200 lightweight crank pulley

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by Raptor6767, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Item Selling: Renault Sport Megane 225/R26 & Clio 197/200 lightweight crank pulley
    Condition: New
    Price: £110
    Method Of Payment Accepted: Paypal
    Will Post?: Yes - Postage to the UK is extra at £20

Decreases Rotational Mass

This performance crankshaft pulley weighs ~620g, which is ~1700g (which is almost 4 times!) lighter than the OEM crank pulley (~2330g), and the "full retard" one is even lighter at ~530g.

Throttle response, horsepower, and torque are all increased with this bolt on part.

I have one (even heavier - 755g - because we were testing it out) on my car for a couple of months and the throttle response? FORGET ABOUT THE SPRINT BOOSTER MOD (I have sold mine because it was too much even on green with this pulley). Literally. You can feel the car revving faster, throttle response is NOTICEABLY better - hell - I can say it makes a massive difference.

Performance?

With my (heavier) pulley I've gained 1-1.5 lengths of a car in a 50-200km/h street race. Tested it out the same day against the same car (Polo 1.8T GTI)/driver on the same road and conditions a couple of times.

Pros?

Big difference in the throttle response
    Increased performance - less rotational mass frees (I don't like the word gives in this context) those horsepower that we loose between the crankshaft and the wheels.
    Clio revs much faster than before, and with AC on the car doesn't feel that sluggish on throttle.

Cons?

Slight increase on idle vibration (I also have uprated engine mounts so I feel the vibrations much more than on OEM engine mounts), and they increase some more with AC on.

However, if you don't mind the vibrations, you'll find this mod simply great!

I would be great in combination with the lightweight flywheel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OEM

[​IMG]

NEW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This what I call a "full retard" :smiley: pulley and it's on my car for the last 10.000km. Have no issues at all concerning the reliability.

[​IMG]

Compared to the "normal" pulley:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sold more than 15 pulleys...

2. Megane 250 Cup getting ready for race season.

Lightweight crankshaft pulleys installed.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It usually takes 5-7 work days to reach the UK.

£125 + £20 for shipping.

Payment via PayPal as money transfer ("Send money to friends and family").

Big Uno likes this.
  3. The next batch is ready for shipping.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big Uno likes this.
  4. Ready to be sent.

[​IMG]

5. Only 2 more left from this weeks batch.

6. This weeks batch finally done!
    Hoped to have them all by yesterday but had to make a couple more extras for the upcoming track day.

41736244_10156582268848187_604000847109554176_o.jpg

Thank you all for your business!

Will post them first thing on Monday morning.[​IMG]

7. Tracking numbers sent via PM.
    Enjoy them guys!

[​IMG]

8. A lot of you have been asking me about my lightweight pulleys that I've been selling on the forums for the past 5 years due to the fact someone else started selling a copy of my pulley.

THE ONES THAT I'M SELLING ARE THE ORIGINAL ONES, AND NOW EVEN MORE IMPROVED/LIGHTENED.

Remenica-EVO2_1.jpg

Remenica-EVO2_2.jpg

MY PULLEYS ARE MADE WITH CNC LATHE AND USING FIRST GRADE AEROSPACE ALUMINIUM THAT'S LIGHTER AND TOUGHER THAN STANDARD ALUMINIUM.

This performance lightweight crankshaft pulley weighs only ~470g, which is ~1860g (almost 5 times!) lighter than the OEM crank pulley (~2330g).

SO IF YOU WANT AN ORIGINAL AND TESTED OUT MODEL, let me know.

Will be making these in bigger batches so there will be a slight price drop too.
    Price?
    110GBP + shipping.

It usually takes 3-5 work days to reach the UK once I send it.
    Payment via PayPal as "Send money to friends and family" or "Payment for goods and services" but please add 5% PayPal fee.

What it does?
    Decreases Rotational Mass.
    I had one (even heavier - 755g - because we were testing it out) in my Clio 197 (not a stock car so I believe that if you own a stock Clio, you should feel even more difference than I did) for a couple of months - and the throttle response? FORGET ABOUT THE SPRINT BOOSTER MOD (I have sold mine because it was too much even on green with this pulley). Literally. You can feel the car revving faster, throttle response is NOTICEABLY better - hell - I can say it makes a massive difference,
    Performance?
    Clio 197/200
    With my (much heavier) pulley in my tuned Clio 197 I've gained 1-1.5 lengths of a car in a 50-200km/h street race. I believe the difference with stock car should be even bigger.
    Tested it out the same day against the same car (Polo 1.8T GTI)/driver on the same road and conditions a couple of times.
    Megane RS
    I've installed it in my Megane 265 Cup and have friends with R26/250/265 with my pulleys installed. Noticeable difference with throttle response and you can't feel the AC on in hot weather conditions. To me, it seems like the car spools a bit faster but it could be a Placebo effect (me wanting it to spool faster with the new pulley :wink: ).
    Pros?
    Massive difference in the throttle response
    Increased performance - less rotational mass frees (I don't like the word gives in this context) those horsepower that we lose between the crankshaft and the wheels (even bigger effect than lightening your flywheel - at least in my case and with my 5kg vs 6kg stock flywheel in the Clio).
    Clio revs much faster than before, and with AC on the car doesn't feel that sluggish on throttle.
    Cons?
    Slight increase in vibration on idle (I also have uprated Powerflex engine mounts in the 197 so I feel the vibrations much more than on OEM engine mounts) with the AC on.
    However, if you don't mind the slight vibrations at idle (some feel them, some don't) with the AC on, you'll find this mod simply great!
    Installation?
    It takes ~20min to install the pulley.
    I recommend changing the auxiliary belt too.

9. 5 lightweight pulleys going to France.

[​IMG]

10. Couple of pulleys going to Australia, again.

REMENICE_AUST.jpg

11. New batch ready and almost all sold out!

[​IMG]

Get yours while it's hot.