265 Renault Diamond Badges Removal

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by JlllCK J, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Does anyone know how to remove the diamond badges on front and back without damaging anything? Think the front is on with 4 clips so you have to pry it off gently in all directions I'd imagine with something plastic, but is rear stuck on or clipped on?

I want to try wrapping mine black and do not trust my skills to do this on the car lol. If that fails I'll just buy the black badge covers off eBay to save the hassle as I'm just shit at DIY

2. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Just buy the covers, looks really good and makes the badges slightly bigger which looks better imo.

3. Is a lot easier as well lol. Think they're £25 on eBay for both

4. Google it.. . . Been asked 100's of times. ...

I sprayed mine with plastikote, off the car

5. I did, and all I found was a pic of the front one off showing the clip holes and someone said levering the back one off, but didn't say if it was glued or clipped (or mk2/3). I'm scared of breaking anything plastic, especially when I'm just pure shite at DIY lol

6. Charlie Howard

Yeah £25 for both, and if you're not confident then just get the covers. A new badge is a lot more than the covers of you break one

7. They are both clippeed as you say, the rear will normaly pop off quite easy, and the clips on the front one breaking can be pot luck, just be careful

8. Cheers guys!

9. Charlie Howard

I really like the RS without the RenaultSport part, I painted mine black but put it all back on.

10. Yeah I bought them in the end, just isn't worth breaking stupid little plastic clips to save £25 imo. I think they look quite good on the facelift tbh. I'm removing the Megane lettering and getting a custom made RS badge for the back from Matt - should all look good once done.

11. Charlie Howard

Tbh is think just the RS will look better!

12. I'm getting the RS done in black, with yellow renault sport lettering and a dark grey metallic and flaky backing. Should stand out. I think you can seperate them anyway so got the option