250 Remove interior rear quarter panel

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Bovien, Dec 21, 2018.

1. I cant figure how to remove the panels in front of the rear speakers without risking breaking stuff. Tried searching.

Anyone have a pic or discription of the steps?

2. I removed mine. Proper pain in the ass

Had to remove the rear seats and the seatbelt mounting bar. Then the plastic trim under the doors across the sills just unclips.

After that the rear cards pull out. No screws or anything. Just a ton of clips.

But a lot of them broke. I had to buy a pack of 20 clips and replace a load of them. And they fire these stupid little metal clips into the rear quarters which I had to fish out or they'd rattle around forever.

Just cheap flimsy plastic with crap clips so you just pull really

3. Yeah, ended up being my solution as well. Actually worked out ok, although a little cramped working in there.

Got speakers fitted and all. But after me replacing 4 speakers, I've now got a high pitched sound dependant of engine revs possibly from the speakers.. heard that before? I would think a grounding issue, but I haven't messed with anything carrying voltage..

4. Ground loop - never seen one appear just from swapping speakers though :worried:

5. Thought so. What's the easiest way of diagnosing?
    I did have the battery box out a few weeks back, but certain that the noise only just showed now.
    Will it affect anything?
    Never run into that issue before