Remap

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Trophy irl, May 29, 2014.

1. Hi people
    im getting an rs tuner from fast chip what would be the best one to get
    and can I put the map on when i change the button (it's goes from 250 to 265 allegedly) on my rs trophy
    any one have this done ??
    thanks
    paul

2. Hey Paul, the basic RStuner box should be enough for you tbh.
    The pro version has space extra sensors that can be connected like a wideband o2 sensor - this is only really useful if you plan on custom mapping the car and reducing the safety margin to squeeze every last bhp out. You can still stage 2/ custom map the car with the basic unit but Henk leaves a bigger safety margin due to the lack of information from no wideband. Henk does recommend getting a RR with AFR plotted on it to ensure that the map is fine not lean etc, although i've not heard any bad stories about the RStuner and have run it on my clio and now R26.
    The premium is the same as the pro but has built in memory to datalog without a laptop.

Not 100% sure on the map with the button thing as i dont have a 250/265 only a r26 :worried:

3. Ok thanks for the info I'll email Henk

4. Pretty sure on the trophy its 265 all the time, and its was the megane 265 after thats got the different power modes

5. No my car has the rs monitor and I can change the settings

6. Rs monitor changes throttle mapping, not changes engine mapping, so no extra power

7. What kind of gains in power have people got from this ??

8. 30-40bhp

9. There is no difference in BHP when in normal/sport mode on the Trophy. Just exhaust note and throttle map

Mine was 285 standard and now is 314 with and RS Tuning custom map.

Personally would only go down the custom map route rather than a generic map (which appear to be for 250's) as each car is different

10. How can the exhaust note change? there isnt any active butterfly valves in the system is there?

11. Not sure but it certainly does, I can sit there pressing the button and hear it

I never use normal mode, but you can hear a clear difference between the two settings. Normal doesn't really pop much either whereas sport mode does

12. So it has to do more than throttle changes as popping is petrol

13. How long does it take to get the email from Henk with the map

14. realise this is an older thread, but just recently flashed my car and the turnaround time from henk for the VCI Unlock code and cal file for the map was 7 hours :tongueout:

15. That is quick from henk, did you email him at 5 and get a reply at 2am?
    What did you get from Henk the stage1 or custom cal?

16. I mapped my car the last wk I had to get an software update form renault before he could do the map
    the car is a good bit quicker but I feel a few flat spots and it's a bit hesitant low down in the revs I have emailed him
    so I'll see how it goes

17. Stage one , yeah I got the reply email with the files very early in the morning :tongueout: