Recommended place for wheel bolts?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by SpookyZeus, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Don't say thaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

:worried:

2. Daz

Daz

Sorry! :-)

To be honest I'm going to contact them tomorrow and see what they say.

3. Sealing the wheels is as easy as using a wax....apply onto clean wheels and buff off. It can be as complicated as you want really. I'm no expert but really do enjoy it...Got a garage full of gear but I haven't used a machine either. If I can help, I'd be glad to.

4. Cheers mate my paintwork needs some attention lol hoping to get it polished in the coming months i need to get arches and rear bumper resprayed first though

5. Just got a load of extended bolts, spacers and extended locking nuts from mrnut.co.uk. called the guy and he was very knowlegable and did all the working out while i was on the phone. Next day delivery too

6. I ordered these like GrumpyTwig recommended and for £20 I am pretty chuffed. So thanks again for pointing these out. Mine:

o6de.jpg

Seeing these side by side the rusty ones that came off made me realise how bad they had become.

7. I got the same bolts as Grumpy and Sargara, for when I get my wheels back from refurbishing, tried them against a spare bolt perfect match.

8. Same as mine look miles btter than rusty oem

9. Well...... glad everyone likes those I found :smiley: .

Every time I look at them on the car I think they were a cracking purchase, the OEM bolts were just a complete eyesore.

10. Hi, would it be safe to assume that the rs250 2010 model with the black alloys would accept these nuts as my original ones are very rusty and the nuts caps I bought keep disappearing. Haven't got a spare one to measure against so thought I'd ask to be sure. Cheers. The ones on the link come up as BMW I guess these are the correct ones though? Thanks all

11. Are the ones grumpy did a link to a straight swap or do the frts need cutting down
    Cheers

12. What car u got nortthy ?

13. Hi mate it's a 225 cup
    Says there 26 mm on the link but I remember you writing saying it's frt hubs
    Cheers

14. I have an r26 and the size i got were m14x1.5 28mm thread length but Im sure the mk3s are m12 its probably best taking one out and measuring it to be sure there is a pic on this link explaining the measurements hope it helps

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131010329903?cmd=VIDESC

15. I currently have the plastic covers on mine

[​IMG]

To be fair they look pretty decent, but I wanted some proper black bolts, so ordered some TPI ones with matching locking nuts, not got them on yet, but will post up pics when I do.

IMG_4240_zps10e8e5bb.jpg

IMG_4239_zps7cf7edba.jpg

[​IMG]

16. Hi, what size are they I've the exact same alloys. Asked Renault but couldn't give me sizes. I think m13 1.5mm 28mm but if these are the ones from eBay via the earlier link then they are 26mm, I guess yours have fitted on ok scoobyr?

17. Cheers for the link eggcakes,

18. I have the r26 and they are definately m14 x1.5 28mm thread i had problems with mine because thevthreads had filled with rust so thr new bolts wouldnt go in but once id cleaned the threads they were easy

19. If you have a mk3 i think you need m12 so make sure your certain before you buy mate

20. Should say m12 not 13 my bad

21. Yep bought the correct ones and spoke to nuts for wheels also to confirm, can't wait goodbye rusty bolts and constantly replacing wheel caps that fall off or end up in kids pockets

22. They look miles better did u get the tpi ones or the tuner style ones ?

23. Tuner ones the ones from the earlier link for 21 well worth it as my caps were 7 and half have disappeared already a month later

24. You may have seen theese they are mine well happy with them my rusty ones looked shiiiittttteeeee
    [​IMG]

25. They look superb can't wait to get them switched over

26. Cheers jst need some black centre caps

27. Yep that be my next thing let me know if you find some decent ones mate. I've a black car black Renault badges blacked out rear Windows and bebadged it's starting to look like the batmobile

28. Mine too i have found some allready just let me find you the link

29. Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  30. Eggs have you the exact link to the black bolts mate you bought
    Cheers

31. Yeah I went for the TPI ones too.....what a difference as the old ones were orange with rust.......I think they look OK...even on satin black wheels :-)

32. [​IMG]

TPI's....the locking nut isn't tho....

33. Northy Ill have a browse they were pretty hard to find tbh

34. Cheers eggs
    I see there 28 mm in length
    So do I need to cut them down by 2 mm mate
    Thanks

35. No mine went straight in i just needed to clean the threads out as they were full of rust my advice would be take the wheel completely of if you can get hold of one get an m14x1.5 tap and wind that in and out a couple of times and itll clean the threads out nicely make sure the bolts pull the wheel on tight an happy days

36. Thanks eggs

37. Many thanks eggs will get them ordered

38. No worries guys any time :wink:

39. Says they are not compatable to megane 225 but all seems to add up on dimensions mate