Recommended lowering springs ?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by hazzf1, Oct 1, 2013.

1. I need help on which lowering springs to get for my megane f1 team can anybody help please :smiley: ???

2. I think most people on here will vote for the cooksport springs, although you cant really go wrong with eibach either

3. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

cooksports, I've used both eibach and cooksport.

Eibach are great but CookSport springs literally transform the ride and turn in.

4. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Cooksport. After going from the standard 225 cup Eibach springs to the Cooksports, it feels like a totally different drive.

5. Are the cooksports much harder than oem? as quite interested but don't want to ruin the ride comfort, ended up doing that(along with too many other mods) with my old 172 and although great fun it was a bit hardcore for an everyday car!

6. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

A bit harder but nothing too drastic

7. Will.

I don't find them crashy at all.

8. Daz

Daz

There's been reports that the Clio Cooksports are a little too shirt for the standard shocks and rattle/move a lot - is everyone happy with the Megane ones?

9. Will.

I've had them on both Clio and Megane and had no problems with them what so ever. I can't see how they can be too short for the shocks. They were pretty much the same as the Eibach Sportlines I removed from the Clio.

10. Cheers guys think al go for the cooksport ones :smile:

11. Cooksport springs are a great mod go for it

Rich

12. Daz

Daz

I thought that but people have been having issued with the rears moving around?

They should be fine on the Megs though as there's not much difference.

STILL can't decide to get them or not - I need more pictures!

13. Daz

you will not regret it mate fantastic ride and balance and good looks too

rich

14. Daz

Daz

I've only seen one Trophy on them and I'm not convinced I like the height!

15. It's amazing how a good set of springs transforms the car, cooksport is the best option on the megs.
    The rear moves on mine Daz as i've got shitty budgets on the back. Literally the only reason why in the wet :smile:.
    Perfect stance too, every one does mention it when they see my car!

16. I think he is referring to the springs being unseated in their mounts due to them being shorter in length.

And tbh, the eibachs that came with the R26 were already lowered/shortened in height and can be unseated in certain circumstances.

17. Ah I see sounds like in extreme cases. I've never heard of that happening, something use to knock in the rear over big bumps but now it's settled in :smile:.

18. Will.

9404439922_71783b59f7.jpg

Here's mine on the springs. This was around 12 hours after they had been fitted too.

19. That reminds me Will I need to buy new f1 stickers!
    Its around 3.5-4 inches from the splitter to the floor, perfectly low enough to be practical on our roads :smile:.

20. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

LY in the back ground looks lower :tongueout:

21. Daz

Daz

Anyone had any issues with multi storeys? or general speed humps?

22. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Splitter scrapes on twistys on tops roads where roads very uneven but only ever so slightly tbh speedbumps I just avood where I can but not gona get stuck on them but

Handling is grwatly improved with cooksports!

23. Daz

Daz

See for me that's why I won't get them, why would I want the car touching the floor when driving fast?!

24. +1 especially a daily i don't want to be avoiding speed bumps!

25. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Mines my daily, i dont avoid speedbumps, no need to. It's Fine in multi stories, only thing that does scrape on some steep inclines (coming out of work each day) is the splitter but thats rubber so nothing to cry about.

26. Daz

Daz

Naa made my mind up - been there and done that with catching things - I came off my local car park ramp not long ago and got out while it was on the incline (they wondered what I was doing!)

My freshly painted bumper would have gouged itself to bit if it was any lower!

27. Will.

My bumper has 2 splits in it at the bottom where it joins the splitter in the middle. Happened when I hit a badger.

Had no problems with it ripping or coming apart more due to speed bumps and car parks.

28. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

I think your best off not lowering the car then Daz, no problems then.

29. Yeah that one is on its ass!! :wink:

30. CJ_RSport

CJ_RSport RSM Moderator

Its only steep inclines and real big bumps in the top road near work but its your car bud

And its only the splitter that scrapes on mine the bumper never catches tbh

31. Cooksports :thumbup: less body roll its not even too harsh on 19"s with 35 profile tyres if your getting springs get them
    ehedeses.jpg

32. O and aza get them rears changed pal

33. MOT first mate, then i'll treat her to matching rears. Just had the cambelt done gotta save up lol.

34. Been looking for lowering springs myself, Cooksport are out of stoch for quite some time now and i believe they don't ship outside of the UK, any one had good experience with Eibach's? Some pic's of eibach's on a 225 would be nice

35. I'd say wait for them but if you cant wait or have a prob ie broken spring i have a set of used proline copies that mark black supplied me i felt no different to sportlines but were a tad lower after they settled £60 collected :smiley:

36. ive had my cooksport springs on for about 2 months now,
    Deffo agree the stance looks mint!! Which i was looking for before purchasing, but one thing to consider if using your car as i do travelling fully loaded back an forth to work ( 4 persons ) it can be a bit crashy going over uneven roads especially big SPEED BUMPS!! as we have in cardiff!!
    so if that is a major stumbling block for you think long and hard!! or like me drive slow and choose your routes,
    but got to say i'm still glad i purchased them big thumbs up from me.

37. LEON, mine aren't crashy on a full load. Give it a few more months it should settle down a bit more! Wait till you really push it in the bends :smiley: brilliant!!!

38. Will.

The springs will obviously be more crashy than standard but I've had far worse springs.

39. They are very progressive springs though, never heard any one mention crashy until now.

40. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

they are in no way crashy, drive a KW equipped car then moan about crashy lol :wink: