Recomedations for car bodywork maitainence package.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by andrewjeffs, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Just bought the gaffer a new car,and want to keep it up to a decent standard, bodywork and trim wise.
    There are so many products/sealants/waxs/polishes around.
    I am confused what i actually need.

So wondering if you guys in the know. can throw me a decent package,that will keep the body and interior/exterior trim/tires/alloys in decent nick ,with the typical hour or 2 thrown, at the car each weekend.
    Including cloths/sponges etc,and where to get the gear from

Also do you guys bother with snowfoam,
    or just go straight to car shampoo after a jetwash?

cheers

2. Detailing world forum is definitely the place to be.

But be warned......it’s an expensive, slippery slope!! Ha ha!

3. Yeah I agree with having a good read into forums. Try YouTube vids too as there are a fair few out there. I got all my stuff from all different places because there's no specific brand that's great in every department. A few things include microfibre wash mitts from Amazon, Autobrite snowfoam from AB direct, microfibre drying towels from a few places online, microfibre towels (small ones) for buffing/windows etc on Amazon or wherever, Meguiars tyre gel, Collinite wax (good protection but a bitch to buff - I use once every 6-12 months), Bilt Hambler high concentrate shampoo and a whole range of others. They are the main things for normal fortnightly washes I use. There are tons of different products though, I suggest trying a few different ones. You may need deep pockets the more into it you want to go lol

4. i dont want to go wild.
    just a few good products ,to keep the car in reasonable standard,that i dont have to top up every five minutes.
    she will probally wreck the fkn thing anyhow,like the Swift sport she had last.
    Car was immaculate 12 months ago..now it looks like its been rolled!
    Such a shame..the swiftsport is a proper junior hot hatch.

5. interior/exterior plastics?..it has loads of black plastic on it!

6. If you are going to the trouble of getting the pressure washer out, then would definitely snow foam it 1st, it's fun if nothing else :tongueout:

7. Exterior plastics I just gave them a good clean same as bodywork, and then gave them a polish and waxed to protect them. Nothing special needed. Interior plastics I just use a clean micro fibre rag as it only tends to be dust at most. If needs must, damp it with water or a drop of soapy water and dry clean with another micro fibre rag. Can never have too many micro fibre products!!

8. I'd recommend a lot of the bilt hamber products. If you want easy protection buy something like gyeon wet coat or carpro hydro2.

9. NJH

NJH

I am the worlds worst detailer, however the Bilt Hamber degreaser is the best thing since sliced bread. Incredible how well it helps clean off the lower parts of a vehicle. Its a bit addictive that stuff.

10. I use.....

For basic cleaning and dressing

Bilt hamber snow foam
    Ebay lance on karcher pressure washer
    China ebay wash mitts (one for upper panels and one for lower panels and wheels)
    Various detailing brushes
    Meguiars nxt shampoo
    Shamefully no grit guard but I have a wash mitt on one hand and hose in the other so I can rinse the panel and wash mitt every dip.
    Liquid elements silverback xl drying towel
    Couple of cheap microfibres

Occasionally use Auto finesse iron out

Gtecniq t1 tyre dressing applied with meguiars foam pad
    Carpro perl for all black plastics (I love this stuff!!) applied from small ebay spray bottles (diluted with water) and wiped with a cheap microfibre.

For the interior I use meguiars interior detailer spray and microfibres.
    Chemical guys new car scent spray.

Wax

Fusso soft 99 applied with meguiars foam pad (this stuff is amazing too!)
    Meguiars microfibres.
    Very occasionally use meguiars quick detailer spray.

For decontamination/correcting (which is obviously a bit extreme for what you’ll need......for now anyway ha ha)

Meguiars clay kit
    Meguiars paint cleaner (rarely use this)
    Meguiars ultimate compound
    Das 6 with various hex logic pads (rarely get time to use this!)

I’d have absolutely no problem recommending any of these products apart from maybe the paint cleaner and the chemical guys new car scent.

My favourite products are the fusso wax and the carpro perl.

11. I dress my engine bay with perl too. [emoji1303]

5cc897ee3b61c236fb58b5181b0dde86.jpg ba6ed3301aae31fd014897837831136a.jpg