Rear Caliper Bolt Replacement

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Jakg, Feb 13, 2017.

1. In my build thread, AudioAddict posted some part numbers for the rear caliper bolts. When they arrived, they are non Torx, so either Renault have changed the bolts they're using, or I've got the wrong bolts!

2. Im pretty sure the 225 PH2 are non torx? Is yours a PH1?

3. Mines a PH2. I haven't actually looked at them yet, but I know they are meant to be a pain to remove - I was planning on having some spare for when I fit my new refurbed calipers.

4. I covered mine in WD40 and they came off with no issues mate. I refurbed mine myself. Might be worth taking a look or stick your phone behind and take a photo just to double check

5. They are M12x1.25

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

6. Best way to remove is with an extra long torx spanner. Slip it on and hold in position with one hand and shock it off with a lump hammer or mallet with the other (striking perpendicular onto the spanner at the other end!).

I did have to use an irwin bolt extractor for one of mine that was a bit rounded. Used the same approach with the spanner though.

Can replace with std hex. I've re part numbers of you need them.

RS 175 Cup Lux

7. Do you have any details on this? I.E. size, strength, length, flanged or not etc.

8. M12x1.25 pitch thread. They are probably 25 or 30mm long and normal head no taper...

9. 28479690d32b50f95eaeb10e4cc8533f.jpg

M12x1.25x25mm

New part number with hex head:

5fcb8658bd957529c7d03c89e03261a2.jpg

RS 175 Cup Lux

10. Belated thanks. Bought some bolts from China but they are a button head with no flange so decided to go genuine. Got the first ones out no bother but the other side is fighting so will be replaced...

11. It turns out there are two rear carrier bolts - one set bolts the bracket to the hub, and one bolts the carrier to the bracket.

You can see the two sets here

d0c07ac553d2b57c7c1b8480fc507c38.jpg

I think all the part numbers being referred to above are for the carrier-to-bracket bolts which are NOT the ones highlighted in the picture. These are more difficult to undo due a lack of clearance between bracket and hub so you can't get a socket on them.

The bolts that are highlighted are the bracket-to-hub bolts and are slightly different (1mm longer I think), but have a different part number - 7703002602. These bolts are Torx head and have not been superceeded by a hex equivalent.

Long story short, I have some new Torx head bolts and need my back together so on they go...

12. Quick question on this on if someone can help?
    I’m going to swap over my refurbished rear Calipers this weekend and need to get the carriers off tomorrow to get them painted. Can you get the carrier bolts out without removing the bracket from hub? Looks a bit tight in that picture, want to know what I’m getting myself into in the dark tomorrow night! Cheers

13. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

yeah you can

14. Cheers Matt