250 Rainsport 3?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Charlie Howard, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Currently I'm running Pilot Super Sports but I'm looking to swap my wheels. Are Rainsport 3 tyres any good and how do them compare?

2. I think they’re good for the money but I’d rather have something with a stiffer side wall.

3. Charlie Howard

Yeah think I'd like to stick with Michelin or Bridgestone but I have heard good things about Uniroyal.

4. Charlie Howard

Also, what's the deal with tyre pressure sensors? Will they recognise new ones automatically or will I have to get them paired?

5. Rainsports in the wet can only be beaten by slick wets

6. Charlie Howard

It's dry more often though so wet tyres aren't really a benefit to me

7. I'd now swear by ns2r's! Once they're scrubbed after a couple hundred miles, they're great. Very stiff sidewalls, great feedback and very good grip. For the money, you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

eddie ninja likes this.
  8. Charlie Howard

It's more because the wheels I'm looking to swap Mike for have Rainsports on them.

9. And they're a B rating in the wet. Although I haven't driven in the wet with them yet, so can't really comment on their abilities. But in dry conditions.... very impressed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. Just try them, or are you going to drive on the road as you do on a track, day to day they will be fine.

11. Have them on my RS250 at the moment. Can't fault them to be totally honest apart from the soft sidewall. Turn in is just a bit sloppier than you would expect from such a brilliant chassis

12. I agree but lethal in the cold/wet ;-)

13. Got them on my Golf GTI and they don't feel that great. As above on turn in bit sloppy, and they let go a bit easier. Got PS4s's on my Megane though so I guess comparing the two isn't really that fair.

14. Charlie Howard

Hard to compare because I've never found the Golf's to be great in the corners but it seems that unless I'm using them on a wet track then don't do it.

15. Appreciate that but I'm comparing the tyres to previous brands I've used on the golf and the rainsports don't grip as well. Like I said, maybe not the best comparison but I'm not a fan of them.

16. Charlie Howard

I was agreeing with you!

Marc Stevens likes this.
  17. I found rainsport 3's to be an amazing on the the road, even pretty good on track. They are simply amazing in the wet and give you plenty of confidence.

On my old mr2 turbo running 300bhp............. the rears lasted about 3,000 mind :-)