R26 Xenon grey insert headlights

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by matt e, May 13, 2018.

1. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Pair of grey insert xenon headlights removed from my R26, in good condition one of the brackets on top broke off but ive glued it back on with araldite, the bulbs are about 8 months old in them and i think they are 6K. the back covers are included but just not pictured.

if you near stevenage Hertfordshire ill help you fit them if you wanted

£135 collection preferred but will post at buyers risk

[​IMG]DSC_3869 by matt eaton, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSC_3870 by matt eaton, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSC_3871 by matt eaton, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSC_3874 by matt eaton, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSC_3875 by matt eaton, on Flickr
    [​IMG]DSC_3877 by matt eaton, on Flickr

2. Is it plug and play into a non Xenon?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tof73 likes this.
  3. matt e

yeah

4. What about levelling due to a non xenon car not having the levelling sensors?

5. matt e

what about it? they still have headlight motors and are adjustable in the car

6. Ah, cool. Didn't realise they'd work with the standard controls, thought you had to retrofit the self levelling set up.

7. the self levelling is a must with xenon as per the law. an OEM cannot release a car with xenon headlight unless it has self levelling due to the much more bright light xenon give compare to std so it does not dazzle other road user.
    I had this issue when trying to delete self levelling on our cars at work (Aston martin) we had to prove to the legal body VCA that we did not need it as the cars are so stiff that even fully loaded the car suspension wouldn't move enough to make a difference on the headlight level.

8. To get them to work I had to run the front loom as it was different, buy the rear level loom that connects in around the fuel sender unit, runs over the fuel tank to the rear level sensor that you will also need.
    Then they will need setting up in clip

9. matt e

sold