R26 f1 Team

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Ricky G, May 21, 2017.

1. Hi guys

Just picked up my first Renault and have to say wow, who would have thought it would be some much fun!

Attached Files:

Jamesycc and Leigh like this.
  2. Welcome Ricky. Car looks nice in blue. Hope you enjoy it.

3. Best colour ! Get a track day booked ! Great fun on track

4. That is the plan just want to get the car checked over first as slight knocking noise over bumps from drivers side front wheel.
    Probably something simple. I live 15 miles from castle coombe so track day will be soon :smile:

5. Real nice in the blue, pings off. Just traded mine in last week, what an absolute little machine they are. Enjoy dude.

6. only driven the car about 4 times now, but had a proper little blast today, the balance of the chassis is amazing you can feel the lad work and understeer and oversteer balance on the throttle is great never really felt a car this balanced.

Leigh likes this.
  7. I fetched mine Tuesday and hoping to be on the road next week, you're getting me excited!!

8. mine is going in to the garage that looks after my vans and mrs Smax to have a check over, I think the car is in good nick but will be looking at whole suspension change, brakes, some paint work and wheel refurb. Then maybe another set of wheels, half cage, harness and some too r888's for some track day fun. The remap on the car seems impressive so smooth hits the rev limiter in all gears without tailing off!

9. yokohama ado8r`s are a great compromise,and available at decent prices at the moment.
    good pads,fluid and disks can make a huge difference to the braking performance on these cars..
    make sure you get the shortshift to maximize these mods..after a quality remap,its the best value mod you can do.

10. Where is the best place to get the shortshift?

11. boardy on here did them..search for him.
    Or get it from ktec.However you will get the entire mechanism from ktec,not just the linkage part.
    Hence the far higher price.

Ktecs shortshift is a direct copy of the shortshift i did for years..so i know its a fabulous mod.