275 R-Link screen fails and blanks out!

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by ozziers, Sep 7, 2018.

1. For the third time my R-Link screen has blanked out in my RS 275.

This time it failed in stages: music on USB stick froze; then volume on radio wouldn’t change; then rear camera blanked out. Stopped car. Got out and re opened doors, restarted and now the screen is totally blank again. No music, and no hands free phone (which was a pain as I was expecting an important call) on 50km drive home. The first time this happened, just after I bought the car, the dealer said he had fixed by downloading latest software. Obviously not.

I can find no way to reset unit apart from disconnecting battery. Is there no other way to get a long term fix for this?

Thank god it doesn’t have a complete digital panel like latest VWs or I would really be stuffed!!

2. I seem to have found a software way to reset R-Link.

Last night I trawled all the Renault forums and blogs I could find and came up with two methods that seem to have worked for some folk.

My RS 275 was still sulking this morning with the black screen of death, so I tried the following:

“When fault develops, getting out of the car and locking and unlocking with key card often resets”

“Press Home button 5 times in quick succession”

I tried these both one after the other. In fact I locked and unlocked door by pressing key card button (as opposed to opening door with proximity method) about three times in a row, then entered car and pressed Home button as indicated. The TomTom logo appeared and strobed for a while and then the car completed a reset and the R-Link screen returned to normal service.

I cannot be certain if the two methods have to be combined in the sequence I used, or whether the Home button trick works without preceding it with the lock/unlock sequence, but the lock/unlock sequence did not work on its own for me.