R-Link fault

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by John D, Dec 17, 2017.

1. I am experiencing a problem with my 275 Cup S. For want of a better word the R-Link seems to shit itself every now and again. Audio just turns off, screen freezes, and lights on 'head unit' turn off, buttons do nothing. This lasts 10 seconds then it comes back on as normal.

Is this a common fault? Anyone else had it happen? The car is still in warranty so I will be bringing it up with Renault.

2. No one else had this then?

Noticed that when it comes back on 'Traffic Announcement volume' comes up on the screen. I don't even have that turned on!

Had another problem today; listening to a CD the speakers started going a bit crackly. Bit like poor radio reception. Switched to radio and was normal. Turned R-Link on and off and CD was normal again too.

3. BLT

BLT

Have you got the latest version of the rlink software on your car?

If so, it might be a slight bug as I've had the same thing with the audio cutting out and the traffic announcement volume indicator popping up but only since the update. Like you, I don't have the traffic Announcement on either........although I haven't had the issue with the screen freezing and not being able to do anything

Not sure if there is a way to reboot the unit when that happens but that would be handy

John D likes this.
  4. ive found mine to do something similar, Audio will just randomly stop or it will change station if i have the radio on, Ive kept the R-Link up to date so could be a bug as described above.
    if you find an answer let me know as ive booked mine in for a service so will mention it if its a known issue etc.

5. mine randomly does not pick up the radio station or allow me to tune to another.. I had a funny the other day when I turned the car on it was tuned to radio 5 on medium wave but was playing radio 2 on fm and no matter what I did it still played radio 2. Mine is kept up to date but there was an update recently (in the last month or two) which I did this week and it has been ok so far.

6. well that sucks - incidentally ive just checked mine and its saying its already upto date

7. well I thought mine was up to date but when I went on to the rlink store it said it wasn't. Very odd.. but this behaviour has been persistent through two updates already..

8. Not sure if it's up to date. I will check.

I think it's set to update automatically. Do they do that? I recall something along those lines when I read the manual 11 months ago!

It's only started doing it in the last couple of months I think.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

9. Renault fixed this when I had the car serviced.