ProjectCars

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Feirny, May 8, 2015.

1. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Anyone else bought it? The 265 feels a bit floaty on it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I share a profile with my bro, but if anyone on PS4 wants to add me its: Feirny

Add yours here and see if we can get some RSM challenges going.

2. Xbox fuckface.

Love you x

3. I have it for Xbox. Can't believe how hard it is and I play a lot of car games. The game also made me feel sick and had to lie down lol.

4. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

You may be pretty, but you're a twat.

5. Harsh.

Very harsh.

6. What's it like compared to Forza 5? I want to buy it, but I'm a die hard Forza trooper and adjusting to a new racing game can be a pain in the arse. If it feels/drives anything like the latest NFS then I'm out.

7. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I'll come a for a cheeky reacharound later x

8. Moving from forza 5 to project cars is hard mate, everything is different. :worried:

9. It is miles apart from forza. I think it has the potential to be better than forza once a few bugs are ironed out. The racing is a bit more exciting and realistic. But qualifying is frustrating. Only had a couple of races in Clio cup qualified last in both and only managed to finish 12th. I'm driving with all assists off other than stability control and it truly is hard which I think will make this game have longevity.

10. I'm really on the fence about getting it at the moment. I don't have a racing wheel so I'd have to use a controller and the choice of wheels for the PS4 is really limited and expensive lol. I don't think my PC is up to the job either and I don't feel like shelling out for upgrades just yet.

Are you using a controller or a wheel Feirny?

11. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Controller at the minute, which is difficult as I am missing a few fingers off my left hand. Had to move buttons around as I can't use the joypad and left trigger at the same time, so moved the brake to the Square button to make it easier.

I'll get a wheel at some point, then I can dominate.

12. I'm not a consoler so I'm enjoying the laser scanned Nordschleife in Assetto Corsa instead:

[video=youtube;QoBJMzCFcTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBJMzCFcTM[/video]

:wink:

13. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

I got a PS4 as you can't upgrade components, if I had a PC I'd be hella skint! It's cost effectiveness

14. I go it.. Not got to heavily in to it yet but I like the idea of the career mode.... Hopefully they will release an update with logitech g27 drivers for it (I'm on ps4) and I can use my wheel... I really wanted a racing game for my ps4... And this one I must admit has huge potential.

If they don't do the g27 drivers I may need to build a gaming pc, then ditch project cars for assetto corsa...

15. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Im struggling with it, it's really not easy.

16. If it was easy it would spoil all the fun.

17. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Okay okay I didn't mean I expected it to simple , but the handling is atrocious. Bar that it really is stunning and the sounds are amazing.

18. Change the dead zone setting for the steering to 0. This massively changed the game for me.

19. emc

emc

This isn't too PC intensive so an average PC would be fine. You'll get better graphics on the PC too and the G27 will work.

20. Try these controller settings boys ... Apparently it can make a difference... But yeah I think this is one of those steering wheel setup only games... Shame they don't support the logitech g27

21. Made a big difference for me tweaking those controller settings, I love it. Proper hard-core sim, Clio cup series is a hoot.

22. Xbox One Gamertag - Hainsey11

Lets get some races going :wink:

23. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

24. buying it today!

25. Got it yesterday day, I went and bought an Xbox 1 just for this game haha

26. Good lad :wink: haha

Add me Hainsey11

27. Should have gone with the ps4... Better graphics ;-) lol

28. Always been a big forza fan and the xbox remote is better to hold haha

29. Add me up folks notnormalR26

30. I've got it on ps4, will be on later in the evenings when the kids are in bed and I get a chance to play it... worbz10 add me

31. Bloody hate the go karts!!! Their handling is all over the place... Making the changes to the controller mappings makes it a little better but still... You end up with tank slippers that you'd expect on a WRC stage

32. This kind of handling doesnt just happen with the karts. I had the same yesterday in a 1m, ended up turning the game off, it was unplayable!

33. What tracks and cars feature on this game, I noticed nordschleife has been absent from many games recently.

is it a game where you can just pick up and play or will I need to spend weeks mastering it to be enjoyable

34. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its far from pick up and play IMO, Especially on a pad.

Track list is one of the best i have seen in a long time as well for a "mainstream" game, All the Uk tracks are very well done, Shame there is no Knockhill :worried:

35. There are a lot of great tracks on there and a surprising number of UK one's that are often missed of racing games ie cadwell, snetterton. If I'm honest it is a sim so it is tough so nothing like need for speed etc

However you can tweak so many options to make the game as hard or as easy as you want. Personally I love it.

36. I wouldn't say it's a pick up and play game... Certainly not if you're using a pad... I think Its a good game (i love the concept) but seeing as it's touted as a sim for consoles and only supports a couple of steering wheels which cost in excess of 300 pound with basic pedals as a minimum (a good setup will set you back 5/600 quid) ... They've made it a very frustrating game if you play with a controller....

For the money a good setup will cost.. You can build a decent spec gaming machine buy a logitech g27 and still have money to buy assetto corsa AND pCARS... And to be fair if it got to that point you'd probably just play the former which is a better game with less bugs... Shame it's pc only.

I think the term too many cooks.. comes in to play with pCARS as good as the intentions were, they've tried to give everyone everything and focused too much on the niche of playing with steering wheels on PC and forgot that most console gamers won't be doing this..

I'm still holding out hope for two things though 1. They sort out handling for players on pads... And 2. That they embed logitech g27 drivers in to the game... That way more people can enjoy it without having to resort to spending enough money that could buy you a cheap track car...

37. Spent the last 2 hours screaming at my TV. I do not like this game.

38. Just buy the Ferrari Italia/Spider steering wheel for about £70. It's a thrustmaster one so will be pretty decent pal.

39. Just got xbox 1 yesterday with this game not sure I'm happy with the disappointment I'm reading about as I've not even set it up yet haha