Project Cars time trial challenge

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Jdrummo31, May 21, 2015.

1. Time trial is always light cloud, are all the people who have it clear just doing free practise? I tried it with slightly different tyre pressures and spring settings and got slightly faster but isn't that cheating a bit?

2. Been using Time Trial, don't think that let's you change anything.

3. No, all my times were in time trial with everything as it comes

4. Same for me, time trial as it comes

5. Yeah time trial, keeps the playing field level

6. Sounds good to me

7. Is the a way to bring up your best time after you exit?
    Just managed to finally do a sub 53, only just mind! 52.997.
    But forgot to take a pic!

8. Just for the record mine says clear on time trial that's why mine is always clear [​IMG]

9. Redone my lap on time trial just be fair.. [​IMG]

10. Best I can manage, can't get into the 52's again.
    [​IMG]

11. Ha, exactly the same time as me!

12. I'll get times up later lads. I was a little spannered last night

13. Haven't had much more of a go on this one... How are you guys holding up with tyres mine are shot after two laps normally

14. Yeah same with me, front left is shagged after the first 2 the both about half way around lap 3!

15. Same as me.

16. Didn't do as many laps on this time but Yeh tyres don't last that long if you're on pace.
    I think it's the use of controllers tbh

I've raced online, often lap as fast as the pole or get pole but come race time after 5 or 6 laps my pace drops a lot.

I just can't manage the tyres without a more precise steering input....

Just can't be bothered with a wheel and pedals etc.

17. uploadfromtaptalk1434121462001.jpg

18. Jeez I'm sorry lads I actually thought I'd sorted this, I'd written all the times down at work too. I must have gotten sidetracked

19. Al I think you were the fastest mate, get picking and we can run this until next Sunday?

20. Cool how about

Bmw m3 gt4 on catalunya gp

21. I've got a wheel and seat :smile: I'll get practising lol

22. What wheel you bought mate? I think I need to get myself one

23. 2.00:231 is my best so far, ill post up a pic later.
    i could knock half a second off with a little more patientce i think

24. they say the thrustmaster 300 is the best/sensible option at about £250 from amazon, you can upgrade the wheel to an f1 style & pedals or add a gear stick for extra too which is nifty too

25. first attempt. Will get some more laps in when I have a few mins

[​IMG]

26. Damn... I'll have to do pull some persuasive moves on the wife to get one of them hahah

27. Ha ha persuasive move like that only work one way........if they want something!!

28. Aye I stand no chance tbh hahah

29. Can't get much faster without seriously abusing some of the chicane curbs, there's a 1:53 ghost on PC but he basically straight lines some of the curbs.

[​IMG]

Also have some problems with getting the front left tyre overheating, the disadvantage of a controller tbh you can't always manage the slip angle of the front tyre properly....

30. Shit iv got 5 seconds to shave

31. It certainly makes you work for you lap!!

32. Got the t300rs... Changed the game entirely...much more fun! It's still bloody hard... The ffb is potent! Just need to start getting used to it... I'm still slow lol got a video but need to edit it for the single lap... 2 minutes something... So gotta find 5 seconds lol ...grumpy how are you so quick man????

33. Well, I regret I went to record a lap just so people can see the lines and braking areas etc. etc. and then went a little faster....

1:55:067

[video=youtube;RJ6UKuV5K3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ6UKuV5K3U[/video]

Forgive the slightly jittery video, trying some new settings in the recording software.

34. Get on the inside view man hahah

35. Tyre are cooked on the left hand side after the first long right hander.. this is as quick as I can get

[​IMG]

36. My best attempt so far. Will try again later. [​IMG]

37. Got it into 1.55s
    [​IMG]

38. What driver aids are ppl using? I have everything turned off and all on simulation

39. You can't change anything in time trial mate.