Power of impact wrench needed

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Cazper, Mar 12, 2018.

1. I am going to order up an impact wrench for the wheels and other jobs.
    I think the wheels need to be torqued up to around 120 to 140 nm. Would a cordless impact wrench of 240nm be sufficient to undo them? Anyone got the Milwaukee 12 or 18v models.
    I don't want to go to the very powerful models as they are heavy and this one would get used infrequently

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

The smaller Milwaukee stuff will be fine, The new Fuel stuff is superb even the small guns.

i want to get one as i have an older M18 thats a bit of a beast but a bit overkill for just doing wheels on TD's lol

3. Ok the way to get that price is buy the bits individually. That is the exact wrench I was toying with getting if I don't go for the 12v versions

4. I use a Makita 285 great gun, think it best most in all the tests. Small, light and powerful. Took some stick working on trucks with no problems

5. I ordered a dewalt mainly because I have a few batteries....got the smaller 203nm model totry

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Dewalt stuff is good as well and makes sense if you already have battery's

7. The 203 nm dewalt undies the nits easily on the Hyundai. Will try the megs tomorrow.

8. Undoes the nuts

9. Pesky nits....

Cazper likes this.
  10. One of these is 203 nm and the other is 1650nm....guess which is Which! 20180320_094110.jpg

11. I think I have all options covered now...bring on the stiff nuts....

12. ...beware of strippers

13. Nylock nuts can be a bit pesky with impact guns as well