R26 Polybushes

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by eddie ninja, Jul 17, 2017.

1. So every ad I see for an RS meg for sale seems to have them.
    I asked Andy at Engine Dynamics about them as they sell them and he says they are stiffer than the std.
    So what are the gains from them?
    My r26 is mainly road with occasional TD and on the road it's as stiff as I'd want to go.
    Cheers

2. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

Polybushing generally means stiffening up the connection between your suspension components i.e wishbones and axle and the chassis of your car.
    This means that your suspension geometry moves less under load such as cornering and braking and gives a more direct feel to the car and improves lap times.

A lot of polybushes can actually compromise comfort because of this though and will reduce road comfort for the sake of performance, however we sell superpro bushes which have a perfect balance between comfort and performance.

You will get little to no comfort compromise by fitting Superpro bushes but the advantages are big with wishbone and axle movement reduces significantly, better handling, less tyre wear, more confidence in the car without reducing daily-driveability.

Let us know if you'd likle anymore info :blush:

3. You naughty trader you. Never heard of these so will now have to research them aswell but they sound the dogs! ;-)

4. What are the first bushes that you would advise swapping the originals for?

5. Interesting post this! I stupidly went Powerflex Black Bushes in my old daily, which for road use was too much.

Have heard of SuperPro, but never looked into them before - do you stock any of their bushes for the 250?

6. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

We used to sell powerflex stuff but avoid it where we can to be honest as the superpro stuff is so much better for suspension mounting, less prone to failure and fatigue, more comfortable and much better suited to suspension bushings, longer lasting too.

We can do kits for Mk2's and Mk3's :blush:

3hirty8ight likes this.
  7. What kits do u have for Mk2, superpro @cgrautomotive

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

For the fronts we can do full wishbones kits and adjustable drop-links, we can also get rear beam bushes (edited sorry), if there's anything you want in particular let us know :blush:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    rTEM likes this.
  9. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

they only do the rear wishbone bush for the mk2 dont they?

10. Super pro had a figment problem with the wishbone bushes on the mk2 earlier this year and had yet to address the problem last time I spoke to them.

rTEM likes this.
  11. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

I believe the do fronts and rears, however I'll ring them Monday to confirm the problem is sorted, if it's not we could quickly sort a set out which do fit and work :blush:

rTEM likes this.
  12. Hi any news on these as i will need to refresh mine soon and they look intersting, What sort of price are we looking for a R26 front and rear kit please?

13. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

Apologies we've not sorted this sooner! We'll get something across to you ASAP, are you wanting fitting or just shipped to your address?

14. just shipping to my address please

15. how much for a full set for a R26 pls

16. Any news on this?

17. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

Sorry guys!

For a full front wishbone kit posted (to UK mainland) would be approx £120.

We can provide fitting and chassis set-up once the bushes are fitted if required too :blush:

18. Does anybody know what SuperPro actually make for the R26?

Their website only lists the lower arm rear bushes, but then KAM Racing also sells a rear beam kit from SuperPro.

Do they do a lower arm front bush kit too?

That way I could do all the main bushes in SuperPro

I know powerflex do the lot but i've heard bad reviews of powerflex

19. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

@Nickson has fitted superpro to his megane

20. Hi, Iam trying to look to buy this superpro kit for the front wishbone refurb but there is nothing in you shop.

Also do you sell the BC racing BR coilovers for Mk2 megane please?

21. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

At the minute, Superpro have pulled the front bushes as they've had issues with them fitting, so a at the moment they're only doing the rear wishbone bushes and nothing for the rear beam! We're hoping this will be rectified soon.

We sell the full range of BC coilovers and can get the Mk2 Meg kits in BR, DR and RM specs. We also offer a fitting and comprehensive set-up service :blush: