Pilot Super Sports

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by ghosty0101, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Sooooo 92xl? Need to get my winters off in time for Donny.

2. I measured the tread on my PSS as it looks like they're getting ready for replacing - there's 3mm left and that's after I've done 9k miles, plus they were already on the car when I bought it. For how well they grip I'm seriously impressed with the wear rate.

3. I 've just fitted a pair of PSS in front (225/40/18 92XL).

Hmmm, Super grip but soft sidewalls. It seems softer than the OEM pilot sport 2 maybe due to load index (92XL instead of suggested 95XL for 250 cup version)

I am not very happy... It lacks accuracy during sharp direction changes, especially at high speeds

Am I the first to comment on this?

4. I did notice the soft sidewalls when I fitted them ... I've got used to it now and love them

5. I'd not heard the sidewalls are soft, just ordered a pair for mine. They can't be any softer than the Goodyear Eagles ? Went from oem Bridgestones to good years and immediately felt the difference

6. Has anyone tried 245/40R18 tyres? I keep kerbing my alloys and was thinking they might help lol.

7. Just learn to drive like a man instead.

8. Ps3s have a massive rim protector

9. I have PS3s lol. It doesn't work no matter how gently I touch the kerb.

10. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

Lol don't touch the kerb then

11. Full lock and 2mph up the kerb that's me!

12. I'm sure I read somewhere that Michelin guarantee a certain mileage about 13k or something.

13. I'm up to roughly 15k on my PS3, still grips well as the first day I put them on