250 Phase 1 Keep daylight with lights

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by sergio, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any way by canclip or ddt4all to keep the daylights active when the dipped beam is turned on?

I've been playing with the ddt4all but I have not got anything

Thanks!

2. They go off for a reason, they are brighter than they may look, and an mot fail

3. yes but in the phase 2 the daylight reduces 50% when beam lights is on

4. Have a look for a blog on Google, where someone did a mod to the 250 ones

5. You can buy a kit that plugs to reduce drl with headlights but looks a real fuck on tbh

6. Look at this! the last weekend I was stayed with a friend that he has got a phase 1 and his car the daylight is reduced 50% when the lights are ON! I don't undersand.... because is the same year as mine

Attached Files:

7. I think if I play more with the ddt4all maybe i can get it, what do you think??

8. What are you hoping to gain from doing this?

9. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

At the end of the day pointless but I do like the look of it. If you get it working without the kit let us know.

10. Hes got the ahmed kit kitted, if you put his name into the search engine it will bring it all up

11. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

If you want to do it easily and fairly cheap, just fit the later DRLs [emoji23] d7ebcb0e192bbfab2d0ff2650c536cdf.jpg

Eder likes this.
  12. Charlie Howard

How much are they Jamie? The kit costs around £100 IIRC.

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Dunno what they actually cost as I only paid 60 quid for the DRLs plus loom.

Cost of 250 DRL and ballasts are silly money in comparison to the later ones, even from Renault.

14. Charlie Howard

They a straight swap? I thought the 265 DRLd are slightly longer?

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Need the blade as well, one of my old DRLs had a hole and the other side ballast had went, around £400 worth of parts to fix

16. Charlie Howard

Renault do take the piss with part costs don't they. I suppose if one of mine ever break then I'll do the swap but otherwise it's really not worth it.

17. No need any modification, I can do this best than these systems... But really I think it was possible to do this with ddt4all, only I need more time...

18. Charlie Howard

Well let us know your findings!

19. After a lot of research:

It's not possible to keep phase 1 DRL at 50% of PWM when the dipped headlights are ON, also It's not possible through DDT4ALL. The problem is in the control module of each DRL (screwed in the bumper next to DRL) , this module is not capable to due this function, but the BCM have the possibility.

That is why if we install a lip with a DRL 5 leds of a Phase 2, automatically work with 50% of PWM when we turn on the dipped headlights. The Phase 2 lip and DRL don't have the control module of the Phase 1 DRL because the same DRL have the control, but the BCM sends the orders way CAN

20. Charlie Howard

That's a shame, it's either get the kit if he still makes it or fit the 265 ones

21. Everyone I know has the kit from this Ahmed-dude, works like a charm.

22. Charlie Howard

Does he still make them? I contacted him and got no reply

23. Yees, it's the only way

24. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RSC do it as well but they modify the ballast/controller instead of a different loom

25. Charlie Howard

Got any links to that? I would be interested dependant on price

26. Charlie Howard

Cool thanks.

I sent him a message, it costs around £100 and you send your control module to him. Turn around is around 2 weeks. Only downside is it requires you to remove the bumper twice which could be a pain

27. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'm sure you would be able to get to the ballast with arch liner and undertray off, be a squeeze but saves having bumper off twice I guess

28. Charlie Howard

Only problem is jacking my car up, my drive is on a massive slope so don't really have anywhere to do it, unfortunately buying them outright is around £500

29. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I may have my old ballasts at home spare, one may be faulty but if they get rebuilt that shouldn't be a problem

30. Charlie Howard

You should send them off, sure you'd have some buyers on here once they're converted