Phase 1/2 Megane II

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by adR26am, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Sorry if this has been asked a lot before but I couldn't find the answer with a search.

What are the differences between phase 1 and 2 and when did they take effect?

2. around 05-55 and rear lights front lights and front bumper the "renaultsport" on the seats goes to head rest, unsure if there is anything else, i will put up a pic of the two from the front so you can see 1044028_683267731689214_2048524968_n.jpg

3. U got two megs jon ?

4. 3 :-) well mine is BV56 (225) oldest lad has GO02CHY ( 1.4 replica 225) and my youngest lad just got a R26 at 18 £5k insurance all in black looks ace on my front when they all lined up :-)

5. Ha thats true comitment to the cause i like the wedding car pic i tried getting my missus to go for that but she was having none of it got a year or so to work on it

6. My daughter got married so it was only right to get black horse and cart and 2 black megs with pink trim, slowest we have ever been for 4 miles :-)

7. 1st gear all the way

8. Naa 2nd so not to shit the horse up with my dump valve and popping :-)

9. Daz

Daz

They made them f'ugly in '05-'55 :smile:

10. Noo way ph2 rear lights loads better :-P

11. Defo agree on tht ph2 looks miles better

12. Daz

Daz

Rear lights yes, hence why I have them on mine.

Whole front end... Noooooooo!

13. I think it looks more angry...... If that makes sense :-)

14. Daz

Daz

I'm not saying ph2's are ugly but they're a bit too cheese at the front - bit softer than the ph1's

15. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

ph2 rear/ph1 front.

16. 197 looks the same at a quick glance at the front

17. Is that because yours is that lol

18. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

yep!

19. Lol that's why I didn't say ph2 all round biased opinion lol tbh I like both fronts but ph2 rear lights are definately better

20. Daz

Daz

I think that's how most of us ph1's roll!

21. Phase II had different tail lights, less aggressive front bumper, dashboard lights went from orange to blue/white.

Options changed from the Phase I where you could have a non-Cup (full fat) or Cup option with the addition of the Trophy. The Phase II gave you the option of the Lux or Cup models, the F1 and then finally the R26 and R26.R.

The biggest change from Phase I to II was the front bumper and tail lights though. Personally I prefer the Phase II tail lights but Phase I front end.

22. another differnce was the speedo lay out being swapped around and different colour/illumination

i like both, but i think the phase2 should have had the same agrressive looking fog lamp housing