Ph2 short shift

Discussion in 'Car Parts For Sale' started by Boardy, Aug 29, 2016.

1. I haven't heard back from him Yorkie. Also still waiting on mine...

2. I also haven't recieved anything as of yet

3. NJH

NJH

Or me, not in any great rush but still it must be nearly a month now. Hope he is OK if anyone here knows him personally.

4. Setting up the CNC machine for the shortshifts is a time consuming affair.
    If he has personal problems..backorders mount up quick,and before you know it you are struggling to keep on top of things.

I am sure he will sort it out soon.

5. They were supposedly ready to post back on the 16th jan

6. I totally understand that and Didnt mind waiting abit longer due to his family issues up until he told me he posted them and that pinkyG had received his which he hasn't.

7. NJH

NJH

Same for me in that he said the one for me was one somebody else didn't take so was ready to send out. I have also messaged him through Facebook, not had a reply on there either. If nothing by the end of the week I am raising it with paypal.

8. Anybody heard anything from him yet?

9. Nothing

10. NJH

NJH

Ditto

11. Short shift arrived in the post this morning folks. Hopefully I'll have it fitted this weekend. Looking forward to trying it!

Danith likes this.
  12. NJH

NJH

Wohoo. I got an RM card through the door for 2 items but only ordered 1 thing earlier in the week. Excited now, maybe its my short shift......

13. Mines here and fitted after work in about an hour. Very pleased with how it feels

NJH and Danith like this.
  14. What a difference the short shift makes. Really happy with the feel of the shift now.

15. NJH

NJH

Same here its really quite startling how much it improves ones enjoyment of the car. Every Ph2 RS should have this mod done.

16. Boardy have you got any more of these ready, I need one badly lol!

17. I'll take one also if available?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

18. Me too!

19. Me too!

20. The only thing I would say is despite the nicer shift I hit 6th instead of 4th on down shift on track last week twice and I can't remember ever missing a gear in 20plus yrs driving

21. NJH

NJH

Funny because mine is the other way round, it was a bit vague as stock resulting in me getting 5th instead of 3rd on downshifts on track a handful of times. Now though its really snicky like the shift in our old MX5, I may be wrong but I will be very surprised if I end up getting miss-shifts now as its got bags more feel of the gate.

22. There's deffo more feel but it's clearly tight between 6 th and 4th. On the road it's way better but like I say easier to miss on track. I've honestLy never missed a gear before last weekend on track. Still a good mod but just giving some real world feedback

23. shouldn't be tight at all...I have had one on my own car for 5 years.
    You could have possibly done the 3 bolts on the top,or the locking side bolt up to tight.

Or your actuator mechanism is tight itself...its a very common problem.
    The linkage should have been able to move with no resistance when it was out of the car..it not,the bushes in the actuator need opening out a fraction.

24. I realise this is probably naive given Boardy hasn't been on here since January, but does anyone know if he still does these on exchange?
    Just passed my MOT so i can start modifying properly now....