PH2 Megane Differences

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Luke., Jan 31, 2014.

1. I just noticed in another thread about tyres that the R26, Cup and Cup Pack Meganes run 235/40/18 tyres, though I had them fitted to the front of my 225 and they rubbed on the strut on full lock.

What is different between a 225 and the others? Is it anything like the Clio?

Thanks in advanced..

2. I had 245s on my R26 for a day so that is odd.
    The R26 gains the cool-as recaros and LSD, brembo brakes and a larger brake master cylinder. I think the suspension is revised too, but I don't know exactly how. I also think they lose some equipment as standard, although mine has everything there is including lux pack.

3. All RS Meganes have Brembos, the 225 has silver calipers and cup/R26 red ones.

R26 has climate as standard, but doesn't have auto dimming rear view mirror or keyless go (keyless go was an option I think)

4. I'm no expert, BMW E36s are my expertise.
    My R26 is a good 'um then. Keyless entry = cool as fuck.

5. It is until you start your car and then leave the key in a pocket of your coat which you take off and leave in the house. Especially when you get to the shops and turn the car off before realising...!

My mate bought a gw r26 with the lux pack which he winds me up about endlessly Lol! Personally I prefer the half leather and alcantara seats in the non lux pack model...

6. If anyone wants all the details of all the mk2's, pm me your email address as I have them all listed!!

7. Already tried it. Car will not open with the key inside my house.
    mass for the leather, well you don't buy a half leather sofa do ya? :wink:

8. The spacing or the wheel offset should be different though surely otherwise the tyres would just rub on the front dampers..

9. i think i am only missing heated seats/ panoramic roof, sure i have all other options inc sat nav - cup pack :-P
    ps, as you take your card away from your car you get the "card not detected" beep, so mine will never go to the shop without it in my pocket

10. I wouldn't want a leather sofa at all! I also wouldn't want to take my sofa to a trackday, so the trim of the sofa is slightly irrelevant!

Alcantara is more grippy than the leather which is why I prefer it.

11. I prefer the leather alacantra mix but i would like a leather back bench instead of just fabric

12. Wish I had have got an R26 in the first place, might have made me keep the megane :worried:

13. Sheet sent to those who asked, let me know if anyone else wants it

14. Me :-)

15. Great chart but what's in the lux pack? And I think I have lux option with cup pack, could not see sat nav on list

16. Lux pack 1 (phase 1 only) is marked with x

Full leather
    Sunroof
    Heated front seats

Lux pack 2 (for r26 only) is marked with xx

Full leather (inc recaro's)
    Handsfree
    Armrest

I don't think sat nav was a factory option on the mk2, it has never been raised so far!

17. Oh ok thanks for the info :-)

18. For those wanting it there is a kit available from capital seating for heated seats to suit the recaro's in the meg.

19. Would like to warm up my full leather :-)